JW Reaction to Royal Commission Reports

by maksutov 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

The brother emphasized to the congregation that if they expect Jehovah to give them everlasting life in the paradise earth, then they will stay away from any "News" or internet articles that badmouths the Watchtower.

To listen to such news is "Touching the Unclean thing"

Interestingly, they think that they are being sanctified by avoiding TV reports against them. In the same way, they think that they are saints because they do not donate blood.

Religion is still the best way to hide crimes.

• sir82
    sir82

I've never visited that JW Archive site.

Is it supposed to be pro-JW or anti?

In the comments there seems to be lots of pro-JW rationalizing....but there are also some righteously indignant commenters making excellent points as well.

Which of course leads to spittle-inflected cries of "apostate! Apostate in our midst!"

It's a real free-for-all.

If that is a pro-JW site, it looks like the wheels are coming off.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

In the comments there seems to be lots of pro-JW rationalizing....but there are also some righteously indignant commenters making excellent points as well.

Which of course leads to spittle-inflected cries of "apostate! Apostate in our midst!"

I wonder what it would do to someone who sees themselves as a faithful JW if they're called an apostate for being disgusted by child abuse. I feel like it might make them wonder if maybe there are some like-minded people out there that have already been vilified for taking a moral stand. I wish there was some way of knowing just how many people end up leaving the cult because of this one act by the Australian government.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    I just had an experience. I posted it as a separate post. I talked to two JW's in Mazatlan, Mexico.
  • passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

The fucking rules are you don't protect pedophiles, you don't put them in positions of authority and you don't force children to be interrogated when they report abuse.

Dumb ass.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Passwordprotected - well said!
  • Zoos
    Zoos

I hear the sounds of a woman getting beat next door all the time.

Oh well. I don't know what the rules are over there.

(before you jump on me... think sarcasm)

• maksutov
    maksutov

All good comments. In fairness to my wife, the subject was thrust on her without warning and she had absolutely no frame of reference for it, and was completely unaware of any of the details, only that there was an accusatory newspaper headline. She will likely have made the assumption that the org could not possibly have done anything wrong and that they are just being persecuted over some technicality of reporting rules. I hope she will be curious enough to investigate further, but I'm not holding my breath.

Nice to see in other threads that some JWs are apparently being shaken though.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Over on JW Talk one Ozzie poster just said that "It is a depressing week over here" because of the Royal Commission. He was pleased that the bomber of the K/Hall all those ago had now been charged , though.

NB . I have not seen it in U K media. I emailed Sky News and BBC, asked them to give it attention

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

OrphanCrow: The JWs are a rule based culture.

That is a very insightful comment.

The fact is, JWs make the biblical Pharisees look like amateurs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit