JW Reaction to Royal Commission Reports

by maksutov 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• maksutov
    maksutov

Has anybody confronted any JWs with the Royal Commission reports on the news yet?

I showed my 8-year old daughter a newspaper headline about it, and when she told my JW wife that the JWs in Australia were in trouble for not reporting over 1,000 child abusers to police, her response was "Oh, really? Well, I don't know what the rules are over there."

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    We don't know what the rules are over there. Maybe the Watchtower encourages elders to cover up child molestation in Australia. If the slave says it's OK, then we should all just wait on Jehovah and let them continue to protect pedophiles.
  • Ding
    Ding
    I suspect most JWs will just view it as persecution of God's organization "for following Bible standards" rather than the dictates of worldly governments.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

"Oh, really? Well, I don't know what the rules are over there."

Wow, that's lame. Really lame.

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    My family have no idea that anything is happening in Australia. I am in UK and as far as I know there has been nothing in the news or newspapers over here. Even if it was they would find some way of excusing it.
  • bemused
    bemused

It's on the BBC web-site. I imagine UK newspapers will pick up on the story too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-33673240

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Oubilette: "Oh, really? Well, I don't know what the rules are over there."
    Wow, that's lame. Really lame.

It sure reveals their lack of independent thought.

The JWs are a rule based culture. They view the world as split into "worldly rules" and "our rules". And of course, worldly rules are bad and their rules are good.

I don't think the JWs are capable of viewing the world in any other way except rule based. The JWs use their "rules" as a safety fence that protects them from that big, bad world out there. Only trouble is, those rules are what keeps the wolves inside the fence instead of keeping them out.

• Splash
    Splash
    disillusioned 2 I am in UK and as far as I know there has been nothing in the news or newspapers over here

It's been in the Telegraph, Mirror, Daily Mail, Guardian and on the BBC.

To not know about it you'd have to be like the elder interviewed today - someone who doesn't watch the news or listen to the radio.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

They would probably have to search for "Jehovah's Australia'' though, if they were to see all of the results.

You could send a link like this to any JW's you know, if are not df'd that is, perhaps just saying "have you seen all these stories about us?"

www.bing.com/news/search?q=jehovahs+australia

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Here its virtually unknown this. I have not seen or heard any of this in the media. But on saying that. I was at the breakfast table this morning and I was listening to the court trial. I just made me really mad so I phoned a a local brother and mentioned it to him. He replied by saying "that he doubted it, and that I shouldn't be listening to religious channels." I replied with "this ain't no religious channel this is a government enquiry". Although the conversation ended there I have to say that this is the first time I have ever directly mentioned anything like this. Man it was a huge relief to spoken about it and got it off my back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit