Know your Apostate Co-Workers.......

by ApagaLaLuz 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Okay.. so about 3 months ago, my company ordered in a guy from a temporary agency to help out with some of the filing and billing. For arguments sake, well call him Adrian. Anyway, as soon as he started here, I recognized him from the assemblies. He is also a friend of the brother of the 18 yr old girl, who is engaged to my 30 year old cousin. Ya still with me?

Well I thought for sure he recognized me, and at first I felt odd going outside to smoke. Eventually I realized that he didnt remember me, I certainly dont look the same, he's just weird. He's quiet, keeps to himself. I have actually had a few good conversations with him though. So for the past 3 months weve been working at the same company. Weive talked. He once told me what a good person I was for taking custody of my nephew.

So this morning, I go up to the reception desk to check a log and I start a conversation with him. I say :

"Did you have a good Halloween?"

He says, "well actually we dont really celebrate it. But we went for pizza."

I get a big smile on my face and say, "Oh yeah the pizza place by the lazer tag center, on Philadelphia ave in Chino right?"

He looks puzzled, "yeah, how did you know?"

"I used to go there every Halloween with my friends from different congregations. We'd close the place down."

Still a puzzled look.

"When I used to be a Jehovah's Witness."

He looks up at me, the light finally coming on behind he heavily shielded eyes

"Oh, did you ever go to the assemblies?" I guess that was the only safe question he could think of.

Man I wish I had a picture of his face when I laid it on him. I replied "Oh sure, for 19 years of my life. My dad's an Elder. I was a Regular Pioneer. I was engaged to a Ministerial Servant. And I actual had several parts on those assemblies. My cousin is engaged to your friends sister. Of course I havent talked to him in a few years since my family disowned me over my Apostate views."

Enter silence

"But dont worry, I havent been disfellowshiped so you can't get in trouble for talking to me."

Then I winked, and walked down the hall to the bathroom.

edited to add puctuation that mysteriously disappeared after posting

Edited by - CHEVYSNTATS on 1 November 2002 13:53:37

Edited by - CHEVYSNTATS on 1 November 2002 14:42:46

• out4good3
    out4good3

Man....I'll bet that little mouse inside his head is still running full speed trying to figure out what to do about and around you...

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Expect a visit from the elders...

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

keep up posted, that was great!

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

Chevy!!!!..........that was excellent!!!....

J Gull

• cellomould
    cellomould

Thanks for the anectdote...

Happy Halloween to you too, Chevy!

cellmould

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan
    Enter silence

"But dont worry, I havent been disfellowshiped so you can't get in trouble for talking to me."

Then I winked, and walked down the hall to the bathroom

LOL!

Hey, Girl!

That's really funny! I bet he must be be squirming with fear. I bet next time, he'll try to avoid you.

hugs,

Ajax

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

haha.. loved the wink and the exit. thanks for the laugh :)

Path

• r51785
    r51785

If you want the best pizza in Chino, go to NY Pizzeria on the east side of Central just south of the 60.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Thanks for the info about the pizza. I don't know the name of this pizza place, but it's south of the 60, east of Central in the Chino Town Square. I try to avoid it at all cost, it's a popular JDub hang out.

This morning I walked up to him with a big smile and said "Good Mornin'. How are ya this fine morning?"

He says " Just fine, did you have a good weekend?"

So contact has been established........ i'll keep ya posted

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit