I got an APOLOGY!

by No Apologies 11 Replies latest jw friends

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

The other day I called an elder and explained some of his shortcomings and how they had had a negative impact on my family. He had little to say and did dispute what I had to say.

Yesterday we received flowers and a card, with an APOLOGY! He acknowedged he had acted poorly, partly because of issues in his own life, and was very sorry.

So now I feel just a teensy bit bad about the whole deal. Not that I am letting him off the hook, everything I said to him was true. If he was unable to help us, he should have talked to the PO and handed some of his responsibilities. But at least he is not the complete jerk I considered him to be.

But I ain't changing my handle!

• Celia
    Celia

Don't feel bad about it. What you told him was true, and he recognized it. You gave him a chance to apologize, and that's good. (and for him to apologize, he must have realized that what he did was wrong)

• badboy
    badboy

GGOOD 4 U!

• metatron
    metatron

Wow, ethically speaking, he's rebelling against the example of the Watchtower!

.... which is NEVER APOLOGIZE

metatron

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Good for you and good for him!

• searcher
    searcher

No Apologies.

You think you may have started to ' convert ' him ?

Nice to hear about the apology though.

searcher.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

very impressive. Strange how the simplest things can make the world of difference.

Path

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yes, there are some well-intentioned (although overwhelmed) elders among the JW's. Congratulations on breaking through the "wall" and reaching the heart of this man. Maybe this is the beginning of something new for him, or maybe it will be a one-time "flash of light" for him. One can only hope.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

WOW, NA, I hope this is the start of his walls coming down.

j2bf

ps don't change your "handle", we wouldn't know who you were

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

I'm glad he apologized. It's a first! Rare in deed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit