Article: Reveal News Organization: JWs Cover-Up of Child Sex Abuse and Oust a Victim

by AndersonsInfo 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...the Watchtower has weaponized shunning to discourage members from leaving and silence dissent within the organization."

I don't think I've ever seen it put so succinctly.

Hell of an article.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Thanks, very well written article.
  • antes8080
    antes8080

This guy reminds me of Jerry Sandusky. "we were just horsing around the pool".

Great week of publicity for the WT.

• flipper
    flipper

BARBARA - Thanks for posting this article. Absolutely astonishing and nauseating at the same time. Yet this same story can be repeated thousands of times within the Jehovah's Witness organization.

Just like the lady in Australia who recounted her own JW father's abusing of her and how ALL of her former friends- JW's - sided with her molester father- this same thing happened in this account of Debbie McDaniel where even her own parents sat next to her molester Lawrence in court supporting him and refused to even make eye contact with Debbie.

This organization needs to be brought down in a real forceful way. The inhumanity the WT leaders display is inculcated into every single rank & file member of the JW organization whereby you have a bunch of little miniature control freak judgmental Hitler's running around judging anything and anybody negatively who doesn't kowtow or agree or cooperate with WT Society's views- including the hiding of child abuse.

I truly hope Debbie, her wife and daughter can go on living a happier, successful life as years go on - but just running into Lawrence again walking free as a criminal child molester in the store just opens up old wounds and I'm sure she feels abused again ! The lack of justice is astounding. In my opinion there should be no " statue of limitations " on child abuse. There's no statue of limitations on murder- they research " cold cases " in murder- why not child abuse as well ? Disgusting

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you Barbara...what a story!

Again this expression comes to mind as to whether there is any truth to WT's being a haven for pedophiles, cover-ups and other scandals..."THERE'S TOO MUCH SMOKE FOR THERE NOT TO BE A FIRE!"

• flipper
    flipper

The hypocrisy of the child molester Lawrence disfellowshipping Debbie McDaniel while he was still an elder who was molesting children is astounding. Debbie's quote, " I thought it ironic that the man who molested me was now going to oust me to keep his congregation clean. "

WT leaders indoctrinate this type of hypocritical thinking into elders who wink their eyes at their own wrongdoing - yet bring the hammer down on rank & file JW members. Especially when child abuse is involved regarding other elders or WT appointed men in power positions - even many long time elders go speechless , go silent and take the 5th amendment. Not even reporting it to police many times. The legal hammer needs to be brought thundering down onto this WT organization in a very large manner

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Great article.
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Wow!! Just Wow!!

Great article that shows exactly how evil this religion is!!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Amazing.

People on "the outside" are really doing a fantastic job of not only exposing the child abuse problem inside JWs, but also piecing together all of the cult nonsense - judicial committees, disfellowshipping, etc - that make them so reckless if not dangerous.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Thanks Barbara! As tough as it was this is compelling writing and a must read for us to put faces on the abuser's and their victims.

This creeps own son was molested and committed suicide.

The Society? Counseled to keep it silent.

Read down to the trial the JW's had their shinning moment.......not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit