JW's Should Start Their Own Country!

by nonjwalltheway 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• nonjwalltheway
    nonjwalltheway

Jehovas' Witnesses are an interesting group. They enjoy the freedoms and liberties that they receive by living in the United States, but at the same time they refuse to partake in voting, national celebrations and have basically created their own nation within a nation. I find it hypocritical for them to act in this manner and believe that they should gather from around the world and all go and live together on some island.

They corrupt others with their crazy beliefs and go door to door preaching about things that have nothing to do with the bible. A perfect example is not participating in sports. I think it is wrong to hold your child back from sports as participating in these activities is a part of growing up and has absolutely nothing to do with religion. The problem with this religion is that people are restricted from thinking for themselves and their lives are dictated by the Watchtower. If you ask me this is nothing more than thought control and the "religious policies" are created by a group of men who decide the future of those who do not have the independent thought to make their own decisions.

Sincerely,

Disgusted

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

No doubt, they would consider that a blessing from their god! Now, if we could just find an Island that is due to be swallowed up.........Oh, right, Atlantis has already sunk.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

That is a wonderful idea. Only one problem. I think that they would quickly restablish the stoneing laws from the Mosaic Law period, since they seem to be so in love with the old testimite (must be all that god killing people stuff that turns them on so). They would begin stoneing for things like - failing to meet the preaching hour requirement (ignoring the fact that there would be nowhere to preach), arriving at the KH 1 minute late, wearing a non-white shirt, and like offenses. Pretty soon there would only be 2 or 3 JWs left, probably at each corner of the island stockpiling rocks in a plan to assult the remaining 1 or 2 JWs.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Interesting thought. They're already living in their own world. Maybe up in the arctic--way way up there.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi nonjwalltheway! Phew.......did I get the name right?

It seems like all the newbies here are having a contest on who can get the longest name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever happened to the good ole names like Bob, Ann, Al, Joe, Etc....whatever

I personally think that given their own country, the JW's would all kill themselves off eventually. Just think, they would all die of boredom with no one to preach to, no service meetings to attend, no one to place all those boring and repetitive books to.

Yup, they would all die from listening to each other, succumbing to the drival by passing out and their heads exploding from all the brain farts! What a mess!

Sorry, just a thought,

Mrs. Shakita

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

lol......

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Their own country? No, no! Didn't you know they're going to inherit the earth!

IW

• metatron
    metatron

Their own country?

They can surround it with guard towers to keep people from escaping and then proclaim
    that it's a 'paradise'. They won't waste money on a justice system and can arrange public
    stonings every Sunday, after the Watchtower study.

metatron

• longtimeout
    longtimeout

I remember this suggestion being offered a long time ago. The response then, as now, is they must obey the directive to "preach this good news in ALL the inhabited earth before the end comes". Then they can have the entire planet unto themselves. God, what a horrifying thought!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

JW Country = Afganistan II

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit