Do you feel vindicated by the exposure of the WT Society in Australia? It seems like a feeding frenzy on here! I love it. You?

by Wasanelder Once 104 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

You have to have a slight understanding of abusive relationships to understand why it isn't enough to say 'the victim could have reported it herself, or 'her mother could have reported it'

these girls were subject to sexual abuse, physical abuse, mental and emotional abuse, of course it stands to reason that the wife was probably abused emotionally and physically also. People in this situation are fearful, vulnerable, damaged and often dependent on the abuser, that's why so many battered wives inexplicably stay for so long.

That's why it is beholden upon anyone who has first hand knowledge of the abuse to get help from the authorities so that these women could be removed from this situation and to prevent similar abuse to any other innocent children, to not report it is unforgivable. It beggars belief.

the documents on the commission website include guidance to elders about reporting, they only approve reporting if it is mandatory? Why? Why shouldn't an elder be encouraged to report such a heinous criminal offense? They make statements like 'we can claim ecclesiastical privilege' showing their concern is not to report if at all possible. They've got it horribly wrong, this will bring much more 'reproach' on jws than handing criminals over for proper punishment ever would have done.

as for how I feel, I feel i no longer have to doubt that they might just have 'the truth', this organization definitely does not have Gods spirit or backing and he might not be too happy with them right now!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OrphanCrow - "The WTS has to stand on their old, outdated judical law. If they started to dismantle the "two witness rule" and those archaic laws they follow, the next big "law" to be challenged would be their blood doctrine that is rooted in that same archaic law book. Pull the pins out of that archaic Judaic law that they have built their judical system on, and the blood doctrine does a crash and burn."

Damn, I never even thought of that.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

NittyGritty. How does an eight year old child feel when no one gives her a fair trial?

How does a young teenager feel when she still can't get a fair trial, due to being called insane and wicked and a liar?

Or, how about when you are still a teenager, but a bit older now and you can't get anyone to help you because the elders think your father is a great guy?

Or another ministerial servant is able to stop anywhere he wants and grope you at the ripe old age of 11?

This commission is being conducted fairly with documents subpoenaed straight out of WTBTS archives. These are the documents that these elders wrote and signed off on. The other documents are from head quarters at the Australian Bethel.

How can a person look at their own signature then try to convince this commission that they don't remember them? Trust me. They do, and they have had them at their disposal all along. The mandated practice that is being shown by these elders is this......Tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Unless Theocratic Warfare is necessary. So help me God

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Nitty Gritty, please think clearly about this

Simple answer to that one, as long as it is not in conflict with Bible principles (Acts 5:29) the WTS has ALWAYS happily complied with whatever "worldly" governments have "imposed" on them as per Romans 13:1.

This religion is already in conflict with Bible principles. For,it is against bible principle to allow for incest, molestation and any other sort of abuse toward a child. Why then have they not complied with their own teachings about sexually unnatural practises with regard to children...?

Also, it was not so long ago that a JW wife could not divorce her husband for his bestiality. If she did, she was up for a disfellowshipping if she remarried.

They are covering up "crimes" against society as a whole and against their own children and young adults.

• done4good
    done4good

NG - Because the question is about a second party (elders) reporting. But regardless of whether it is mandatory or not, the victim/parents are free to report it whenever they want. Obviously.

Obviously, you are either the most intellectually dishonest person I have come into contact with in some time, or the most naive, I am really not sure which. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that it is the latter, so I will enlighten you a bit...

IF the parents either go to the police first, or go after the elders have determined no two witnesses to the crime exist to allow for a JC, the parents will be DF for either "causing divisions", "slander", or some other such catch-all type infringement. If not actually DF, the parents will be put through hell by the elder body, and essentially forced out of the congregation to save face. This is a regular occurrence in almost every congregation, and is the entire root of the problem. The policies the organization holds to are designed to protect the organization at all costs, (human or otherwise). The policies are neither moral nor do they ultimately exist for the benefit of the congregation members. When it comes to the organization's interests vs. that of the well being of its human members, the organization wins every time. Believe it.

Yes, the 7 men leading this mess in Brooklyn are both stupid and evil.

d4g

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

d4g

I agree the policy is a mess but are there documented cases in the past 5-10 years where parents have been disfellowshipped for slander (or some other kangaroo court charge) on the basis of going to the authorities?

The WT policy on there being no sanctions for this action has been in place for a long time so any proven cases would be very interesting to any future prosecutor.

• done4good
    done4good

I am not exactly sure what defines "documented" in this context, (JCs and kangaroo court type hearings by their nature have little in the way of paper trail), but I am sure many who have experienced this situation, (many are on this board), could speak to it.

In my own experience, I know of at least 5 individuals from 3 congregations where their alleged crimes for child molestation were never investigated by police, and the alleged criminals are free roaming in the congregations. This simply would not happen if the parents felt free to speak about the matter to the authorities. The reality is the parents are fearful that they will lose their social environment if they do so. That type of unnatural fear is paralyzing, and is created, fostered and sanctioned by that environment itself.

This is purely anecdotal, however the situation is no different from one where a very good friend of mine was removed from his position as elder, (and as a consequence treated as a pariah in the congregation and forced out of it by default), for suing a fellow "sister" for literally fraudulently taking his life savings from him, (over $1M). This "sister" was found criminally guilty in federal court and is serving 7 years in federal prison, yet she was never JC'd and remains in good standing. This friend of mine is now 60+, broke, and having to work 3 jobs just to keep up expenses. He will never have a retirement. He was a very successful person prior to this, and pretty much my idol as a young person.

Such is the pattern of the kangaroo court known as "Theocratic Justice".

d4g

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

done4good - "...you are either the most intellectually dishonest person I have come into contact with in some time, or the most naïve..."

The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Yep !! pretty happy at the exposure. Another nail to the coffin.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I feel validated. The conclusions I drew about this toxic little cult were correct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit