Do you feel vindicated by the exposure of the WT Society in Australia? It seems like a feeding frenzy on here! I love it. You?

by Wasanelder Once 104 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi Orphancrow,

The WTS has to stand on their old, outdated judical law. If they started to dismantle the "two witness rule" and those archaic laws they follow

If they do stand on that law, they're pretty much done for financially. The lawsuits will just keep on coming.

Secular law has the moral high ground and will destroy them without anybody batting an eye. Now the WT can kick and scream all they want, they will have to obey to survive. The GB are such ill equipped dinosaurs. If they just applied their own dusty books counsel:

"And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two."

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    The WTS has to stand on their old, outdated judical law. If they started to dismantle the "two witness rule" and those archaic laws they follow,

Yes they do however they could find a strategy that would keep this in play but allow them to be seen to improving the policy. If they (a) always report and (b) delay judicial action until the authorities have investigated then they put the ball in the secular court and can then act in response to whatever the authorities do.

I really do think the GB have underestimated the impact of this and I am sure they are rapidly working out if they need to do something more proactive than simply sit put and do nothing whilst it blows over.

• done4good
    done4good

Yes they do however they could find a strategy that would keep this in play but allow them to be seen to improving the policy. If they (a) always report and (b) delay judicial action until the authorities have investigated then they put the ball in the secular court and can then act in response to whatever the authorities do.

I really do think the GB have underestimated the impact of this and I am sure they are rapidly working out if they need to do something more proactive than simply sit put and do nothing whilst it blows over.

It sounds good on paper, however they will never do it. Why? Because it would mean that the issue gets exposed within the congs, and we all know they cannot have that. While I would welcome that change, (it would benefit victims and future potential victims), the WT will go down stubbornly kicking and fighting this one. They are proving just how mind-boggingly stupid that they are. This is no time for them to be justifying why they handle things the way they have, but yet, that is precisely what they are doing.

True believers are very dangerous people. Fact and reason simply does not prevail with them.

d4g

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

True believers are very dangerous people. Fact and reason simply does not prevail with them.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I know exactly what you are saying d4g. I think the real indicator will be how the heavyweights handle things next week. The elders so far are chaff as far as the GB are concerned, they have far more astute and capable people coming up.

I agree that plan A is do nothing. I stilll think the intensity of the investigation and its potential outcome might have caught the GB with their pants down (so to speak) and they might need a plan B just in case.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@ sir82 I'm struggling to think of any precedent of the WTS "happily" complying with anything that "worldly" governments have imposed upon them. Perhaps an example or 2 would help.

Simple answer to that one, as long as it is not in conflict with Bible principles (Acts 5:29) the WTS has ALWAYS happily complied with whatever "worldly" governments have "imposed" on them as per Romans 13:1.

I highly doubt that any rules that come about from this investigation will conflict with Bible principles.

• Mephis
    Mephis

They'll shift to meet legislation. That may be the option for some countries, and it may even be something you guys in the States can do too. Mandated reporting, no ifs, no buts, do not pass Go, contact the Police or go directly to jail.

But the whole process and procedure of their internal judicial structure... they're still hauling people in front of judicial committees to face their abusers in spite of said abusers just being out of prison for those very offences. They need to broaden their evidence requirements. They can do this easily. Their internal letters show that they can re-write the meaning of a word when it suits their needs.

I mean really you'd expect them to introduce training around child safeguarding issues for elders, you'd expect a clear policy for how someone could report, you'd expect some basic organisational 101 stuff to be going on. But they have to accept first that they have a responsibility. That they have a duty. That saying 'but we warn parents...' is not sufficient on its own.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

wait let me think about that for a few seconds...

• done4good
    done4good

I highly doubt that any rules that come about from this investigation will conflict with Bible principles.

So why were those rules that won't conflict with "Bible principles" not applied by WT previously? Do the secular authorities really do a better job at applying those principles, or are you tacitly admitting the bible really has nothing to do with morality at all? Which is it?

d4g

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I highly doubt that any rules that come about from this investigation will conflict with Bible principles - we'll see.

Suppose the Commission hands the following rule to the WTS: regardless of whether there were two witnesses or not, regardless of whether it is a reporting state or not, if an elder receives an allegation of abuse he must immediately tell police before he does anything else.

Would this rule be in conflict with bible principles/rules?

Would the WTS happily comply with this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit