I just got laid off

by eisenstein 13 Replies latest jw friends

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

Hi everyone,

I got laid off Tuesday, the 29th, ten minutes before midnite, right before I was supposed to go home. The nerve of them. I am kind of upset, but know times are hard right now. I got a very paranoid feeling like everything is going to go wrong now, because I am not "doing what's right, not going to the KH, because I have left Jehovah, etc." Has anyone else had these feelings? I love God, I love my neighbor, in fact I have felt closer to a higher being ever since I have left the JWs. This website and hearing others' stories have confirmed my feelings. I am in the process of reading Ray Franz' book, it is tough for me to get through, because of all the emotions I am feeling. Thanks to those I've chatted with in the chat room and those who have replied to my posts.

Hey, I am almost a junior member, by the way!!!

eisenstein

• Sirona
    Sirona

HI

So sorry about your job. Don't worry things will work out.

When you leave JWs and your life is not too good they say "you'd be happier back at the hall"

When you leave JWs and your life is great, they say "satans making him happy so they don't return"

They have an answer for everything!

You are going through the normal processes involved in leaving a cult. You are doing great so KEEP IT UP!

Sirona

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Einstein,

Don't feel bad my friend. I know the feeling of things looking spooky. I had a watercraft accident that has left me with no work for awhile...no insurance but the other guy had it. It still will take time to see anything from it. So for now...I worry alot.

I got a very paranoid feeling like everything is going to go wrong now, because I am not "doing what's right, not going to the KH, because I have left Jehovah, etc."

Let me tell you something....don't think active J dubs do not have problems....they do! Your leaving them has no bearing on your finances. I have known many elders, servants,pioneers, that have filed Chap 11. You said you love God and your fellowman. Jesus said 'if you do this you have fullfilled the Law'. This is a mind game they play with you that if you leave them, Jehovah withdraws his spirit and you suffer. That is a lie. Many here are doing great since they left as you will see with time spent here.

Please keep in touch. Things will turn out for you....they usually do.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I'm very sorry to hear that you have been laid off. But, the term "laid off" means you can collect unemployment until they call you back, right? If so, take some time for yourself. Read some good books, go to the movies, visit with friends.

It's been my experience that all things do happen for a reason. The tricky thing is, we sometimes never truly come to understand what that reason is, but all the same, I believe there is a plan.

Being unemployed does mean you will have to stick to a budget, and maybe get a part-time job somewhere until they call you back. But, take a few days to think things through. Have a plan. Of course I understand that you feel that maybe this is a bad thing that is happening, because of your decisions regarding the JW's, but it's really not so. Look around you. People have good things happen and bad things happen. There are no boundaries. You are not being punnished!

Take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Hi Einstein,

Sorry to hear about your job loss. It's been a hard year for many. Take some time to figure out what you want to do. Maybe a career change or going back to school.

We had a good business going the past 9 years and then this year was really bad. We've started a new and different business and it seems to be doing great.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sadie

• butalbee
    butalbee
    ten minutes before midnite, right before I was supposed to go home.

Yep, they always do it at the end of your work day. That's right, they have nerve.

I'm sorry, for your loss. I'm sure though, that this will only lead to bigger and better opportunities. Think positive.

• Francois
    Francois

Don't think for a minute that your job loss has been caused by God, or that JWs don't loose jobs, or that if you went back to the Hall you'd immediately find a job. None of that is true. You are having a normal emotional reaction to loosing a job.

Now you can get started finding another one. And it's difficult. You must work at finding a job like it was a job itself, because it is. Set yourself up with a schedule that has you doing something toward finding a job for at least six hours a day. And when you do, at the end of the day, you'll feel OK about yourself. If you sit around and do nothing, you'll feel miserable about yourself.

My two cents

francois

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Eisenstein.....Hang in there. Things have a way of turning around and working out for the best. I've had some very stressful times lately but now I'm seeing a turnaround. I've been laid off before and then had more time to persue Pioneering (JOKING!)...but it will give you time to readjust and maybe get a handle on changing courses or maybe persuing something else. Tenacity...that's the key I think. Good Luck!

-BONEZZ

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

Thank You All for the positive words of encouragement. I really appreciate it!!!

eis

• ugg
    ugg

it is so tough,,,and extremely hard to get laid off.........it will be ok,,,,,don't let doubts hurt you more.....it is just part of life......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit