Response To My DA Letter

by LB 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

It appears some have already received my DA Letter

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=39417&site=3&page=1

I received a couple of e-mails from those I sent it to and Frank, the star of my DA letter called and left a message on my recorder. I did ask him not to call but I suppose that's not possible. He said he'd like to talk to me and was sorry I felt the way I did. He also made a couple of comments such as I do care, I've called you many times.....

Well he called a couple of times over the past 3 years and I've actually contracted with him and hired him to do a couple of large jobs around the ranch. But it wasn't spiritual matters, ever. Which is just as well.

I won't return his calls but hopefully I might get word that the my DAing was announced at a meeting. I'm not sure how long that takes to get going.

One brother that I had considered a friend once told me he was afraid to hang out because he had lots of the same concerns I had, so I was a bad association. Today I'm on his spiritual e-mail list as he's sent me a bunch of forwarded encouraging e-mails. Don't you hate those?

I feel very good about this. It was not a spur of the minute decision. I haven't been inside of a kingdom hall for 3 years now. I wouldn't suggest anyone ever do this without giving it a lot of thought.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

LB, don't you just love all the "encouragement" you now get? Before, who cared. But, let them kow you want out and they become instant friends agin, for a while.

When I wrote my letter, it was announced at the very next meeting, no phone calls, no encouraging emails, letters or visits, just announced. LOL, since I hadn't been there for so long, I bet over half of them where whispering back and forth, "who the hell is that?"

The only visit I got was them seeking my signature on the letter, "to make it legal!" When presses for it by telling me the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" required it, I answered, "Well then, tell him to come and get it!" They stomped out and haven't been back since.

Lew W

• jurs
    jurs

LB,

It feels good doesn't it !!! I suppose its different for everyone but I'll give you a little heads up as to what to expect. Nosy brothers and sister will call you or drop by to talk to you before it gets announced. I had an elder call me and ask if it would be ok for him and another elder to come talk to me before they announce my DAing, just to make sure its what I really want to do. They'll stop by , ill prepared , in my case anyways, and not answer a single question . The following week it will be announced and then your shunned. Thats when you see a persons true personality. Some people really go out of their way to shun you. They enjoy it a little too much. Most avoid you so that they don't have to shun you. Some shun you but it doen't seem personal and the last group will talk to you but not in front of other JW's. Its not so bad .

LB do you have family in ?

jurs

• LB
    LB

Yep Lew, they're loving me now, lol. Oh well, it was to be expected.

jurs we've felt shunned for quite awhile now. It happens all the time in stores. We live in a small community so we bump into them a lot. Funny, I was just inactive until I sent off the letter but they seemed to have a need to shun me.

My son is still in jurs. But he isn't anal. In my DA letter I threatened the elder I studied with a lawsuit if my son is given any crap over associating with me. My wife is not DAed or DFed so this will allow us to keep some form of communication open with our son. It will also mean my poor wife will be forced to celebrate the holidays as a wife in subjection must not go against Jehovahs headship arrangements

• jurs
    jurs

How awful for your wife to have to celebrate !!! Its exciting isn't it? HoHoHo I can feel the Christmas spirit already!!!!

Enjoy your freedom !!!!

jurs

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Way to go LB, there is no turning back now........ whewwwwww. It is strange to be D/A for me,, I don't run into alot of the witnesses and our little family seems the same as before. Sometimes I forget I am D/A , and then I think how stupid the whole process is,,,,,, the JW's think the world revolves around them and their ignorant rules.

Well, LB,,,,,,, the WT is losing their best men,,, that is for sure. I know you are doing alot more for you fellow man than you could have staying in,, those kids I am sure treasure the time you spend with them, teaching and coaching.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

LB; i've read a lot of your posts.. you sound like a real man!! at this point the next time they come to your door . i would tell to them to wait a minute.. go in and call the police... come back to the door and keep them there till the police come .. at that point i would tell the jw'as that i asked you not to harrass me before. .. now the law is here and if you fuck with me or my family any more... as i'm making a report now.... i will see you in court.... they will never fuck with you again... they are scared shit of the police.... and the law hates the jw's ..... trust me it will work... and don't forget your son... tell the jw'sm infront if the police not to play with him.... don't wait do it the first time it will be to your pleasure and PEACE..... I HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS ....YOUR FAMILY FUTURE IS IN THE BALANCE, ON HOW YOU THE JW'S....FREEDOM IN CHRIST ..JOHN

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I just read your DA letter for the first time. Wow, very well written and you made many great points without rambling on and on.

I wish you and your family the very best.

Edited by - thichi on 31 October 2002 12:6:7

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

LB,

I'm not sure how long that takes to get going.

When I handed in my letter the elders called to arrange a meeting with me to sort of talk things out. I replied with a second letter declining to meet, the announcement was made at the next meeting. It took about three weeks for the whole thing to finally get done. I guess it all depends on the congregation and the circumstances involved.

IW

P.S. I hope you don't mind if I reply to your threads.

• gumby
    gumby

Hey LB,

They should not be announcing ANYTHING unless.....they try and contact you to the best of their ability and you refuse to meet with them...only then are they supposed to take action.

Perhaps you should answer his call...but it sounds like it's past that point.

Anyway....were proud of you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit