There is a rumour...

by caballoSentado 14 Replies latest jw friends

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Hi friends,
    I need confirmation about a rumour I keep hearing about in my country. Several JW's who know about the WT-UN affair are saying that in USA the WT is having the elders in the congregations give a speech accepting the blame for this scandal & asking for forgiveness or something similar. Has anyone of you heard about this? or is this damage control?
    Thanks for any answer.
    Caballo Sentado

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are expecting confirmation of a rumor on a website? This is where rumors are born! I say, wait until it happens, then you will know it was true.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

My mother is very active- attends all the meetings. We converse almost daily. I always ask her about such things. As of today the rumor you state is unfounded according to her.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Don't know if they're giving this speech--and I personally don't want to EVER find out. Just keep on riding passed the hall.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I've not been to a meeting for quite some time now, but all of my in-laws including my wife are still attending. That being said, I have heard of no meeting or speech whereby the WT will be accepting blame or apologizing in any way for their "doing the nasty" with the UN. Most of the JW's I talk to are still unaware that it has ever happened and defend the accusation as if it was some apostate plot to bring the WT down.

If this were so it would certainly break from the tradition of the WT rewriting history to protect their image and of blaming any mistakes made by their leadership on the rank and file members. I think it would get very uncomfortable for them to admit a mistake while at the same time expecting and pushing for blind obedience to the slave.

I'm quite sure that this is a rumour.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie
    accepting the blame for this scandal & asking for forgiveness

hahahahahahahahaha!

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

The sun will explode before the crusty old fools in Croocklyn will ever admit to a mistake. Now I could beleive that they would disfellowhip one/several of the higher-up dudes and blame the mess on them. Then they can wash their hands of the matter and appear all holy again. Maybe the lawyers are preparing such a scenario right now ... I could see a lawyer power grab being in the works - especially since the GB is too old to change their own diapers any more.

• jack2
    jack2

Given the history of the .org, such an admission would be highly unlikely. I would agree that this rumor would seem unfounded.

• benext
    benext

The UN thing was strictly to gain access to the library. Once WT became aware that they were in bed with the "beast" they withdrew as an NGO. They did not know they had signed on to promote and support the ideals of the "disgusting thing." They have nothing to apologize for.

YEAH RIGHT!

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Good point Benext!
    They do not have to ask for forgiveness or feel guilty or apologize, in the letter they wrote to all the Branches they explained the reason for joining... so if they ever say a different thing theyll show they were lying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit