Digital Cameras

by Billygoat 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Sally: Definitely get the 64 meg memory stick, I did and it's worth it.

Craig: LOL. I seem to have a tad bit more gray hair then Josh

Lew W

• Imbue
    Imbue

Andi, You should talk with several professional photographers. I do know most of them consider the digital camera to have some limits. If money is tight then I suggest that you research exactly what you need. Maybe you could begin by taking some photography courses at community college. Check out B&H photo- video equipment. they are known to have quality used equipment that they warrantee for a time. They are closed Friday after sundown and Saturdays since they are orthodox Jews. They also sell everything including paper and film at a discount. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh4.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=BackToRoot__ALeftNavBar_html___SID=F16F5E8F710

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

jim you must have a twin of my cat

(taken a couple of minutes ago with my Kodak DX3215 and resized for the net)

• og
    og

Andi, you should go to www.photo.net before you make any decision. It's one of the best sites of any kind on the web, and you will find in depth discussion of digital and other cameras.

Good luck on your new venture.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Looks like everyone has some pretty decent cameras here. Billy, maybe buy a cheaper one to start and get the feel of it. My Sony isn't that ahrsh on batteries and comes with a rechargeable battery. Sp far, I haven't drained it when out taking pics, but I'm pretty conservative on them. Still I'm going to buy a spare soon as I can and aother 64 meg memory stick. With the 64 meg and with the camera set at highest resolution, I can get 40 pictures out of it. The stick included only gave me 5.

Xena, sorry, I missed your compliment earlier. I think he is a gorgeous grandson myself, but then again, I'm a bit prejudiced. He is one year old now and just walked over next to the firewood that day and sat down. I couldn't resist with that look on his face. It was at my other grandsons 4th birthday. Thanks for the compliment, though. I love bragging on my grandsons

Lew W

• simplesally
    simplesally

Dakota,
    I already got the 64mg stick, it's great. I did take a lot of pics with the 16mg that came with it because I had set it on such low resolution.....I was testing and practicing and using the photos only for email. If you want good pics for print, you do have to set the resolution high.

Regarding batteries, I got 2 extra sets and a super fast charger....The charger came with 4 of those special batteries. My batteries charge in about 1 or 2 hours instead using the charger that came with it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit