Elders admit huge numbers leaving

by mamashel 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mamashel
    mamashel

My daughters boyfriend was at his moms the other night and the elders just happened to stop by and talk with him.

Anyhow, after their discussion about him and my daughter and the baby and what they are going to do, (havent been to meetings in 7 months mind you), her boyfriend told the elders that he no longer wanted to attend meetings and my daughter told them the same.

The elders admitted to them that there is a huge number of people that felt the same way, and the halls are much emptier than they ever were.

Hmmm, i wonder why?

mamashel

• openminded
    openminded

Maybe because meetings are repetitive and boring, and the system doesn't allow people to express themselves (via sports/athletics in my case) as individuals.

Not to mention the way the whole system breeds dysfunction and abuse, good grief, its funny they have as many attending as they do.

I now realize that my parents (who helped keep JW numbers up by dragging me to meetings for years) are criminals and should have been locked up (and still should be). Instead they were able to justify (in their own twisted minds) years of severe abuse (assault and battery) by using twisted JW ideology on not sparing the rod, usurping headship, and respect for elders/parents (even if the elders/parents are sociopaths). And these are the freaks are out walking around YOUR town, talking to YOUR children about God's glorious kingdom. om

Edited by - openminded on 29 October 2002 17:7:9

• out4good3
    out4good3

This is not only what I've been hearing , but what I've been seeing also. Most of my in-laws are rabid dubs ready to defent the "truth" to the end but more and more I see them not making meetings and socializing outside JW circles. I also see them more and more participating in "worldly" holidays using the flimsiest of excuses.

There's no escaping the backlash of negative information about the WT for those with the will and courage to see it. The WT is finally reaping what they've sown after years of suppression of freedom of thought and creativity.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Because it's the same ol depressing crap day in and day out. It get old.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Amen to that openminded. I saw much of what you talk about in my time as a witness. The organization seems to be a haven for these kinds of people because of their policies. One, they provide an excuse for their bad behaviour because if you are attending the meetings and going out in service, they overlook a lot. And then secondly you get a whole support group that makes you feel "normal" even though ordinary people would think you strange. Yet just because you go out in service and go to meetings you can get away with beating your kids and being, ahem, most "un-christlike"

• gumby
    gumby

Attendance is dropping? Wow I wonder why?

Sample of a part from the service meeting given by a scared shitless Ministerial Servant.

" Well brother's, it nice to see how Jehovah is blessing the work. Uganda reports 3 new bible studies and an increase of 14 pioneers for September! Bangladesh is happy to report that a Kingdom Hall is being erected out of pure cow shit thanks to the loving brothers who devoted their time and effort in the Kingdom work! Batswalla has had it's share of increase too with 2,069 reporting a total of 6,336 hours spent in the ministry last month! That is a 2.9% increase over last month! In Cartahana Columbia a report came in that one of the notable drug lord's gladly accepted a free home bible study and had expressed his appreciation for the work the brothers put forth here in spite of the dangers".

Oh how I used to love those announcments!!!!!

• Shakita
    Shakita

So, how many think that the internet is playing a big part in this decline?!

I do.

• gumby
    gumby

So, how many think that the internet is playing a big part in this decline?!

I do.

You better believe it!!!!!!!! Check out the amount newbies just on this site.....and that's a small number of those leaving. Much of the decline is by the Organisation itself....failing by the minute.

• TR
    TR

'hovah's bad. WEEEEEL bad. Dingdumb Hall bad. WEEEEEEL bad. 'hovah's not have troof. NOOOOOOO troof. Peeps not go no mo. NO MO!

Well, there you have it. Even cave men know the truth about the troof.

TR

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

if it wasnt for the great work people have done on the net, then i wouldn't be here, i'd probably be still at the KH feeling miserable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit