Double Life

by restorebeauty 23 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

My 'hovah brother and family are the perfect example of "double lifers". The believe the bullshit, but enjoy living life much more than the average hardcore 'hovah. Just like "normal" people. When I was a 'hovah, I arrogantly thought they were "spiritually weak"(TM).

My brother:

He's a miner, and makes good money. He spends his time building custom Harleys, and is now into dirt bikes, at the insistance of me and my oldest brother(never was a 'hovah). He hunts, fishes and is just an all around outdoors type of dude. Goes to meetings sporadically, and when he and his family visit, they don't go to meetings. He doesn't drink or smoke, just enjoys life. Normal. But, confront him with damaging anti-WT stuff, and he of course gets defensive.

His wife: I love her to death. Third generation 'hovah, but is just like my bro. Me thinks that's why she snatched him up. She works full-time as a dental hygenist, makes good bucks. Sat around with us at my oldest bros daughter's wedding reception and helped us make fun of my bro's ex wife. LOL!

Oldest son: Very cool kid. Works with his dad as a miner. Taking flying lessons, bought new dirt bike.(see "My brother" above)

Middle son: The rebel. Skateboard dude who left the house at 18, only to come back loaded with tattoos. Got married to a wonderful "worldly" girl he knew from high school at age 20 last February. She's in college. He bought a new dirt bike.(see above)

Youngest son: 16, same as as my son. Shows little or no interest in 'hovah brand(TM)" religion. Fixing up hot rod car and already has speeding tickets. Dad bought him a new dirt bike.

They are all very good people, they just are not "hard line" or "spiritual" 'hovahs. They enjoy "worldly" entertainment.

Double Lifers.

TR

Edited by - TR on 29 October 2002 21:49:33

• simplesally
    simplesally

We just called the police on my mother in law........ a JW in good standing, wife of an elder. Her behavior was atrocious.......'you're for Satan, I'm for Jehovah" , standing outside our house screaming at the top of her lungs. Her mildness, goodness and peaceableness were so evident........NOT!!!!!

After we paid for her flight, groceries, expensive dinner out she proceeded to berate us and tell us that we were bad, we were "apostates" and yet it was okay for us to spend the money for her to come see her granddaughter. The police ended up telling her to either calm down and go to bed or leave. She left, claiming she'd walk the 14 miles to the airport!! LOL.

• TR
    TR

Hey Sally,

How ungrateful can a person be? With family like that, who needs Satan?

TR

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I think the vast majority of them beleive in the JW brand religion, and carry around huge bags of guilt beleiving that they are going to go down at the big "A". They just don't have the willpower to live up to the stupid JW laws. As noted, they simply want to enjoy the things that all other normal people want to enjoy, but are made to feel guilty / unworthy for it.

Until a person educates themselves about the religion they cannot metally break free from it, and will carry around feelings of guilt and fear. And many of these people as noted will still trown up the mental blinders upon any encounter with anti-JW talk/reading, even if they are not regularly exposed to their weekly brainwashing sessions meetings.

The 'net thang' as JT calls it is finally a way for many of these people to dip their toes in the apostate waters without getting caught or feeling too guilty, they may reason that they can quickly stop reading if it is 'too' apostate. People that would never in a million years have searched out an anti-JW book and bought/owned it will do a quick search on "Jehovah's Witness" in google/yahoo/etc. Hooray for the Net Thang!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit