The Australian Royal Commission hearings on the JWs handling of child abuse begins here in the US later today. It will be streamed.

by AndersonsInfo 56 Replies latest watchtower medical

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Does the commission have the ability to "discipline" the WTS in any way? For example, can they take away their tax free status?
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

As Barbara promised the hearing has been recorded and uploaded.

Thanks! :)

Here is part one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M94krxNcJQg

All part on her website: http://watchtowerdocuments.org/

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Listening to it now. One word....WOW!
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney
    The CO mentioned Letters eh? Good. Lets get those secret letters put into the official record now, too, while we're at it.

This case can set real international precedent. Exciting stuff to see justice on the horizon.
  • Splash
    Splash

I think that CO was winging it.

I don't believe there are letters that have been written since 2010 that have replaced the procedures being painfully scrutinised.

I believe he will be called out on this and his Theocratic Warfare tactics will backfire.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I have just watched most of today`s hearing , and I think the J.W.elders have been shown up as incompetent to deal with serious matters , who can`t make a decision on their own but have to contact the Branch Office/Legal Department to make that decision for them ,protect and support the perpetrator rather than the victim ,and generally just hedge around the questions until pinned down by their questioners .

They tie themselves up in knots .

Elders Joe Bello ? and Dino Ali have to be seen to be believed , how these guys can sleep at night is beyond me.

This poor woman who was subjected to such abuse over so long a period of time , and also her younger sisters being abused , while the Elders do not report it to the authourities is a crime .

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Something I mentioned in another thread, but...

...does anyone else here get the impression that Australia is "making an example" of someone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit