The Australian Royal Commission hearings on the JWs handling of child abuse begins here in the US later today. It will be streamed.

by AndersonsInfo 56 Replies latest watchtower medical

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

The Royal Commission hearing starting on Monday, July 27, 2015 - Australian day and date - (and it could go on until August 7th depending on how many witnesses testify) regarding Jehovah's Witnesses handling of child abuse is supposed to be streamed.

It could be that the hearing will only be audio not video although we were informed it will be streamed. We'll find out in a few hours.

I live in the Central Time Zone of the US and right now here it is Sunday, 3: 45 PM.

In Sydney, Australia, it is 15 hours ahead of us. Sydney current local time is: Monday, July 27, 2015 3:45 AM Australian Eastern Standard Time

If all goes well, I will be watching the hearing beginning at 7 PM Central Time this evening (Sunday, July 26th) here in the US in the state of Tennessee.

To watch the entire hearing will be difficult for many who are interested due to the time, so we will be recording the entire hearing each day, and my webmaster will be posting all of it in segments each day as he records, on my website, Watchtower Documents. (watchtowerdocuments.org)

We might have additional information later on this evening so if you have time, watch this subject thread.

Barbara

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you Barbara

Do you have a link to the live stream please?

• cofty
    cofty

Found this link to the commission website with details of the inquiry into the Jehovah's Witnesses...

3 hrs and 10 minutes to go. Might stay up for the intro.

The scope and purpose of the public hearing is to inquire into:

1. The experience of survivors of child sexual abuse within the Jehovah’s Witnesses Church in Australia.

2. The responses of the Jehovah’s Witnesses Church and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to allegations, reports or complaints of child sexual abuse within the Church.

3. The systems, policies and procedures in place within the Jehovah’s Witnesses Church and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd for raising and responding to allegations of or concerns about child sexual abuse within the Church.

4. The systems, policies and procedures in place within the Jehovah’s Witnesses Church and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to prevent child sexual abuse within the Church.

5. Any related matters.

• Splash
  • Splash
    Splash

The video streaming widget is up!

40 mins to go...

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I have the same link that Splash has posted for the hearings. I'm looking at a blank screen now which looks as if it will be active soon.

Barbara

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    now playing
  • cha ching
    cha ching

The person that presented the preliminary report was AWESOME! He had statistics of how many cases of abuse among JW since 1950, 1,000+, and how many have have been reported to police authorities: zero.

He did a great job describing what evidence would be presented by the WT and by himself. He has shepherding book quotes, letters from the GB to prove they are involved in these child abuse cases, witnesses as to how these 'judicial meetings' (how high and mighty do they sound now Mr. T Obrien?) occur, how the women felt during them ("I had an easier time in court than I did in the congregation, in front of men, with no support")

I guess I will have to take notes on the next part! It is pretty EXCITING to watch them squirm as the gentleman presents his case! Live streaming! They are taking a break 'for the cameramen' and shall soon return to stream more!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Too bad most JWs will never watch the hearing(s). The testimony is very damming.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• cognac
    cognac
    Where is the link to the live stream???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit