Can we still be friends, if I disagree with you?

by Mulan 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

I have been guilty of loosing my temper and saying things I shouldn't have or should have said differently.

I believe alot of the times things going on in someone's life makes them react in a way they normally wouldn't. This is not an excuse but a fact.

I have started a thread before apologizing for my rash behavior and I have since then tried to not reply when emotions (my emotions) are going crazy.

I don't want to ever believe that friendship is conditional ever again either. It sometimes takes us taking a step back and seeing how we would have felt if someone where to have said or done the same thing to us or someone we love. At times we have to put pride aside and forgive or apologize.

I do also believe however at times it may be better to end a friendship based on the history of it and if it is a healthy thing for us or for them. That depends on the people involved and the circumstances.

Just my thoughts,

Jes

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sorry, TR. I think Bush is a buffoon, and in his Daddy's pocket. He is just embarrassing. Heaven help us when he is talking without a script. Gawd!!

That's just my opinion though. I know some people like him, and I like the people who like him.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I think a lot of people in Washington DC are buffoon's. Does not matter which party they belong too. I just voted yesterday, and it was like "which buffoon do I send to mess things up further." I voted for Bush when he ran. I still do not like Gore, I just wish their would have been more choices.

(For those wondering, Oregon does mail in ballots ... we got ours a week ago)

My thought

Dragon

• jack2
    jack2

Hey, Jesika, I can relate to what you said. I have a "rule" that I had to make up for myself - never write and e-mail or respond to a thread or start a thread while I am in a state of emotional upset, or, believe it or not, when I have had too much caffeine or I have one of my tension (TMJ) headaches, which tend to make me very uptight.

I have failed to adhere to my own rule on a number of occasions. I feel like slapping myself upside my own head for that. Ouch, that hurt....but now I feel better.

Edited by - jack2 on 31 October 2002 8:48:49

• patio34
    patio34

The question is "can we still be friends if I disagree with you?" Usually yes.

But it would also depend on the issue, of course. If someone disagrees on making child abuse legal, I don't think such a person would be desirable as a friend.

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit