Do you Christmas shop early or last minute?

by orangefatcat 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Beans
    Beans

Sorry Sister, I do not celebrate Christmas as I am one of Jehovahs Witnesses, this is a pagan celebration.

Brother Beans

Canadian Overbeer

• Been there
    Been there

My shopping is DONE!

{except for my special secret santa someone, on this board}

• larc
    larc

My wife and I start the day after Thanksgiving. We like keep the two holidays separated. Our first stop is Sam's Club. They have a lot of good gift items that time of year. Two items that we have gotten for the last couple of years there are European chocolate, and smoked salmon. Both are very reasonably priced for their quality. In fact, the salmon is cheaper at Sam's than it is buying directly from the company. Last year we bought most gift items off the internet - saves many hours of time, the prices are good and delivery is quick.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

larc wrote:

...Two items that we have gotten for the last couple of years there are European chocolate, and smoked salmon.

You too, huh? I LOVE their smoked salmon! You know what is also good about shopping at Sams? If you hit it right on "sample" day......you can walk around, shop and have lunch all at once!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

This is my first year shopping, and considering I got the bulk of it done already I take it I am an early shopper...hahaha!

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I am usually a early shopper, I just feel better if I know things are done. I really don't like dealing with the crowds when it comes to shopping. This year will be a little different, probably more shopping to do in December.

• larc
    larc

Scootergirl, I only happened upon sample day once. Like you say, it was great.

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

OH, I just love Christmas!!!!!!!and these adorable faces.

Scooter, you cracked me up. Same here with forgetting where I've put things away. No wonder I sometimes feel like I'm spring cleaning all year 'round...have to search through all the closets and drawers. So naturally it's time to straighten things up...Again!

We're fortunate in that the community center we volunteer at gets lots of new, and like new items. It's like finding a bargin anytime of year. Too, hubby and I both do home made items...his is wood workings and usually makes the grandkids something extra special. Geezzzz, come to think of it, this year has been so busy and crazy I don't think he's made that something special. Oh well. Guess it will have to be store bought at the last minute because we're paying off our credit cards before year's end. That's OUR gift to us...making major move come spring, and taking my son and his family with. AH, getting the little children's out of the disgusting, filthy, crime ridden city is a wonderful gift to us all.

Hey, Scooter...I'll have to get some pointers from you on country living. I left the farm as a youngster and now it's my turn to offer back to the grandchildren a healthier way of living. Their mom is even considering home schooling. My, my, I'm finding some joy after all in getting 'Old.'

happy holidays everyone.........hohoho. Or as my hubby says..."AH, Humbug!"

granny, of the "ain't it a great day to be in the neighborhood" class.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

I do a bit of what SG does, then I have to hid them somewhere in the house, and try to remember where they are. I seem to be in the stores looking right up to the dead-line, there seems to be a lot of great last minute bargains at that time.

Edited by - imanaliento on 29 October 2002 10:55:40

• Valis
    Valis

I only get paid once a month so during Xmas time I try to buy things ahead of time so I don't have to wait till my semester closes on the 21st or whichever day it does...*L* I can't ever remember for some reason. I try to do lost of shopping online so I don't have to go to the mall, which I abhor.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit