Place your bets please!!!

by nicolaou 20 Replies latest social current

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

The 2002 Service Report will be out soon [trembles with anticipation].

Last year we had 8730 memorial partakers, how many do you think we'll have now? Will a noticeable decline be a cause for excitement among the masses? Will there be an increase? "Higher, higher" [slipping into 'Brucie' mode].

I place my 5 quid on 8478.

Nic'

edited to correct my sloppy formatting

Edited by - nicolaou on 28 October 2002 1:58:39

Edited by - nicolaou on 28 October 2002 2:0:3

Edited by - nicolaou on 28 October 2002 2:1:3

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I think it'll increase!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Nic -- can we have this thread resurrected in a month or so (whenever the January 1, 2003 Watchtower publishes the new figures)? Or else start another thread on this same topic?

Anyhow -- my guess is a slight decrease to an even 8,700.

• Simon
    Simon

Wow ... it's come round again so soon.

Put me down for 8600 cookies in the jar this year.

I'm looking forward to the publisher stats from different countries to see how the exJW growth is going, a sure sign of Jehovahs blessing (barf)

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

The Pope says its 8428....

what do we win anyway? Whats the prize? I would like to keep my eyes on it....

Pope

• UnDisfellowshipped
  • Nassau
    Nassau

Eight thousand and five hundred!!!

8 5 00

• blondie
    blondie

Place my bet on 8755.

Blondie

What do we win? Do we become 8756?

• minimus
    minimus

If there's an increase, this will have to get the Society to once again rethink their position as to who really goes to heaven. My prediction is that the Society will readjust actually who goes to heaven, allowing for the greater number and then finding some Scriptural support to show that our new understanding is "Bible based". And yes, people will rejoice over the new lite.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

There are so many factors that play into this particularly meaningless statistic that it is very difficult to say. I would imagine this is one statistic where there is substancial "interference" on the part of the Society and local elders.

On one hand you have strong upward pressure on these numbers due to increasing numbers of people reading COC or in the infancy of departure feel they are "annointed". On the other hand you have the downward momentum of older people dying, elders refusing to count "apostate" partakers and the Society's own desire for the numbers to decrease.

Personally I feel that the control the Society has in this matter will outweigh any increase in new partakers. I speculate a decrease of around 30 persons. Perhaps something like 8698 will psychologically break through the 8700 mark to give them the appearance more have recieved their "heavenly calling".

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit