ray franze

by rekless 20 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

First of all let me state: I read hid book two years ago.

second: is this I have corresponed with him also.

Third I strill have this one question about his intergity toward mankind...he only wrote about the wrong doings of the GB after he was DFed. Most of us on this board stop going and DA ourselves after we found out about the channel to God was a big joke. All I see is Mr. Franz has used his position as an Ex GB to make a very nice living for himself in his latter years.

I feel if he wasn't DFed he would still be hanging on to the beliefs of the Jw's and still be letting innocent people die, because he didn't come forth and spill his guts while he was on the GB.

Really letting all of us think that there was a direct channel to God through the Gb makes him as blood guilty as those that are still there votinbg 2/3 whether the poor jdubs should live or die.This voting cost me a son that died of leukemia and a wife of a rare blood disorder.

Yes, he may be a hero to most of you but if he had made a stand and walked away telling what he told after he was DFed then he would be a hero to me also, but he has play both ends against the middle and came out smelling like a rose.

When I found out about the Malawi and Mexico thing I stopped going and DAed myself right after my wife passed away. Where is his intergity to expose the organization before he was DFed???

He only exposed them after he no longer was associated with them.

I have lost a daughter, grandchildren, and friends because I was true to myself .

Yes, I have a right to critisize him because he gave up nothing on his own. He was forced to turn turn coat. If he could be reinstated today he would. They won't take him back so he has nothing else to do but sell you who are gulible books.

flame me you morons.

dan "rekless" Walker

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Personally Franz never did a thing for me.

• Farkel
    Farkel

TH,

: Personally Franz never did a thing for me.

He wasn't interested in doing anything for you.

Farkel

• Jigrigger
    Jigrigger

Hi Rekless,

I'm in no way trying to minimalize the losses you've suffered as a result of insane WT policy.

Maybe if Ray had blown the whistle while he was still a member of the GB you wouldn't have lost loved ones in the way that you did. Maybe, or maybe not. I'm inclined to think that had he exposed the Society while still a member of the GB, he would have been kicked out, d'fed, and branded an apostate. The rank and file would disregard anything he had to say and it would still be business as usual.

The only point I'm trying to make is that very few JWs have left the Borg or even attempted to make their feelings known instantly after they begin to have serious reservations. Many have carried serious doubts for years before telling anyone. I don't think Mr. Franz was any different in that regard. Just because he was a member of the GB wouldn't make him any less vulnerable to the fears and anxiety about going against the Society.

Jrig

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

The rank and file would disregaurd anything he said, anyways, and does. He still would have had alot more pull, if he was still a GB.

• Princess
    Princess

Easy for you to say. I guess because Bill doesn't like Ray, now you don't either?

Quit following people. I don't follow Ray or Bill. I quit following people when I left the org. I don't need another mass movement or a new leader.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Quit following people. I don't follow Ray or Bill. I quit following people when I left the org. I don't need another mass movement or a new leader.

Quit trying to put words in my mouth, I don't follow anyone.

• Simon
    Simon

I think a lot of us wish we'd done more while we were still 'in' but I suspect events overtook us like they did Ray Franz.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: The rank and file would disregaurd anything he said, anyways, and does. He still would have had alot more pull, if he was still a GB.

Explain yourself, TH and look the fool when you try to do so. You said the rank and file would disregard and does disregard anything he said. THEN you say he would have had more pull of he was still a member of the GB.

Did you mean to say they would have and do disregard anything he's said because he's not a part of the GB and they would regard anything he said as true IF he was still part of the GB?

Assuming that is true, then your whole pathetic argument collapses. If he was a GB member and spoke against anything the WTS puts forward as true, he wouldn't last any longer than the responses to your next stupid post.

Either way, the R&F would disregard anything he would have to say. Ray was doomed either way and anyone who knows how the Watchtower Propaganda Corporation works will agree.

Farkel

• david_10
    david_10

Hello Rekless. I'm very sorry for your losses and I sympathize with your obvious bitterness that not only seems to be directed to the GB, but to one of the main ones who has tried to expose them and their entire cult religion as well. And if it makes you feel better to call me a moron because of this, then go right ahead--------I'm not offended. But it seems to me that Ray F was in an extremely delicate situation. I can remember when I was first starting to wake up to the real "Truth" that it was very difficult to handle. When the writing began to appear on the wall, so to speak, I absolutely did not want to accept it. I couldn't accept it. After all, my whole life was tied into this belief system, and there was absolutely no possibility that I could have been duped. But I gradually came to accept it. Even though it took some time, there was no other choice. And I know that the realization was just as hard, even much harder, for Ray F to accept. After all, he had spent his entire life, well into his elderly years, in the service of a wicked master, and just like the rest of us, he believed it with his whole heart. I can't even imagine the kind of soul-searching that it must have taken to to step down from the highest level of power when he realized that it was all a plie of crap. It would have been a whole lot easier to just nod his head and raise his hand at the right time and hold on to his cushy way of life. That's what all the rest of them do. But he didn't and thanks to him, anyone who wants to learn to learn the truth can just go to the nearest library and read up on it. Or buy his book and let him make a buck. As far as I'm concerned, he deserves it and the information he gives is priceless.

Trauma-Hound, you say that Ray F never did anything for you. For that matter, I doubt that Mahatma Ghandi ever did anything for you, either. Or Thomas Jefferson. Or Martin Luther King. Or Churchill. Or Einstein. Shall I continue? But the fact that they never did anything for you, or that they may even have had more than their share of faults, doesn't mean that they are no longer great men. Their courage and accomplishments prove otherwise. I think Ray Franz is a great man.

David

Edited by - david_10 on 28 October 2002 4:51:17

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit