Russell's sources for his ideas - a diagram of what Apocalypse Delayed Ch. 1

by ILoveTTATT2 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

According to Apocalypse Delayed, Russell got many of his ideas from a conference called Albury Park.

Here are the sources of his ideas for eschatology:

And lastly, here are the sources for the ideas that JW's claim make them "the truth": rejection of the trinity, hell, and the inmortal soul.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Russell the copycat

Though the watchtower today could use some copycat skills because other people and denominations have brighter lights about what's coming.

But they are too puffed up to admit they are wrong

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

So the shameless pilfering of ideas began with C.T.

Well, holy crap on catapult, who'da thought it.

Do they actually have any original ideas?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Well done ILoveTTATT2. As Ray Franz once we said, we were followers of followers.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Oh the beards!!!! I wonder if any are wearing tight pants?
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

" And lastly, here are the sources for the ideas that JW's claim make them "the truth": rejection of the trinity, hell, and the immortal soul."

Whenever I have heard this sort of nonsense from JW's I like to point out that what they do not teach cannot be a proof that what they do teach is true. Simple logic.

What would prove they had "the truth" would be if their unique teachings were supported by the Bible.

They are not.

Good Thread by the way, shows that no influence by the Holy Spirit is evident in Russell's plagiarised theology.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Gotta love the 'history' of "god's organization"!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Thanks. Interesting. Would like to know more. Is all that in Apocalypse Delayed? It's on my list of things to read.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

So Russell embraced the fashionable nonsense (eschatology) of the 19th century and just to sweeten it up a bit threw in pyramidology "the study of or theory about mathematical or occult significance in measurements of the Great Pyramid of Egypt."

And eventually they called it the 'truth'.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Borrowed and/or Stolen Light.

(saw that phrase on another thread)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit