Why hasn’t someone gotten real pissed off yet?

by John Aquila 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    It could potentially happen, there are enough crazy JW's that it's possible one could go postal. However most of us realize other JW's are victims of mind control just as we were.
  • whathehadas
    whathehadas
    @SimonSays you're crazy. We can't talk about this situation because of that shooting? Really? This thread is NOT making fun of victims of those crimes.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

John Aquila - "With the thousands of bad experiences that people are going through in the organization, why hasn’t someone gotten so mad that they just lose it and walk into a Governing Body meeting and starts shooting?"

Maybe the ones who are unhinged enough to so something like that are actually the same ones who feel compelled to stay loyal.

x

Besides, no one (with half a brain) who leaves would want to reinforce the "demon-crazed apostate" stereotype.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas
    Thinking about it, I would like to see how the news media and social media would react to violence against JW. What would people say about it? That would be of interest to me despite the shame of the actual event. The WT doesn't really interest a majority of the public as is, especially in the western world. So if something like that happened, would you have people say that they're sending out their prayers to the JW victims, even if they're not fond of them. Also, how would JW address the situation when they go out door to door? Would they try to ignore it?
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

Vidiot

Maybe the ones who are unhinged enough to so something like that are actually the same ones who feel compelled to stay loyal.

I think you hit the nail smack on!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

The JW's would get sympathy if something violent happened to them. They don't carry guns or go to war. People would be like, 'they're innocent! Annoying, but innocent!'...without understanding all the real harm they do to people.

I never considered violence. In my most tumultuous crisis/ttatt days I considered picketing the local hall with 'JW's destroy families!!' signs. And if they were going to disassociate me I was going to stand up immediately after the announcement and shout 'I'm free!!!' While running out of the hall. It was a fantasy I used to have while sitting through meetings.

I think anyone learning ttatt can see pretty clearly and knows everyone is brainwashed. As cruel as they can act, they are controlled by someone else.

• azor
    azor
    If someone you care about deeply died because of this cult all bets could be off the table. When my son was diagnosed with leukemia I thought nightly about how I would end my own life after my kids were grown. This thought was there without knowing ttatt. As I stated before if I had lost my dear son for not giving him a blood transfusion. I would likely have gone through with ending my own. When one is there who knows what else could happen to the leadership. They are blood guilty.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I will say this about the Governing Body's desire to keep enforcing Disfellowshipping tactics as a form information control is playing with fire. Not to mention the blood issue being a judicial matter makes them prone to retaliation from someone deeply hurt by the whole ordeal and might reasonably be expected in the future.

Of course these aren't the only issues that can unleash violence against this elite group of Governing Body members there are more.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    We also need to factor in the increasing exposure going on over the internet about all the corruption going on by this fraudulent Corporation and it's chief officers responsible for the propaganda it produces. And the tendency towards getting severely shocked and disappointed as these new ones coming out of this religious fog are faced with and the things that one might considering doing as their whole world view gets shattered as they face unjust retaliations from this corporation in the form of lost contact with family and friends through a kangaroo court composed off blind fools in denial of the evil they are inflicting upon their fellow man to quarantine him and his newly received more correct information.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I will say this about the Governing Body's desire to keep enforcing Disfellowshipping tactics as a form information control is playing with fire

All it takes is one-huh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit