Why hasn’t someone gotten real pissed off yet?

by John Aquila 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I keep reading of some guy who is so upset at someone that he goes into a theater and shoots 20 people.

Or a kid that is so mad that the other kids made fun of him that he goes to school and shoots a bunch of kids.

Or some guy that was fired from his job and he goes back and shoots of bunch of his workers.

Or some guy that shoots a lady because she cut in front of him in the freeway.

Every month something crazy like this happens.

In the Watchtower, someone is always being disfellowshipped unjustly.

Or someone loses all his family because of the disfellowshipping policy and their being forced to shun anyone who leaves.

O someone has lost a loved one because they weren’t allowed to take a certain blood fraction, but now that fraction is allowed.

Or some parents finally finds out that some elder or Ministerial servant sexually abused their child and got away with it because of Watchtower policy.

Or the hundreds of persons who went to prison for years because they were not allowed to exchange their service in the military for working in a hospital because of the neutrality issue, and then find out after serving 5 or more years that the Watchtower has changed the policy because of new light.

With the thousands of bad experiences that people are going through in the organization, why hasn’t someone gotten so mad that they just lose it and walk into a Governing Body meeting and starts shooting?

I’m not encouraging anyone to do this; it’s just a question I have and I just wonder why no one has gotten to the point where he/she just went ballistic because of the bad experiences that the Organization has put them through?

One witness told me that the reason was because Jehovah has angels assigned to protect the GB from something like that.

• sir82
    sir82

There was the case in Australia where someone bombed the Kingdom Hall while a meeting was going on. That was maybe 30 years ago or so.

But it is probably inevitable that some other nutjob will attempt something horrific.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Most likely to the realization of the consequences, I think there are lot of people who left but are also in the mind set that their family is one day going to wake up themselves.

For people who went into this cult on their own , perhaps they blame themselves for being so gullible and stupid.

It is somewhat surprising that someone hasn't gone out their way of out anguish, disrepair and hatred, to harm one of the past presidents or GB members of the WTS., knowing that their behavioral actions had cost the life of a beloved family member.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Sadly those that leave are most likely to act out on themselves. I think the years of being told anything negative we are feeling is because we aren't praying enough, studying enough or preaching enough stays with us longer then we think.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Finkelstein
    It is somewhat surprising that someone hasn't gone out their way of out anguish, disrepair and hatred, to harm one of the past presidents or GB members of the WTS., knowing that their behavioral actions had cost the life of a beloved family member.

That's what I was thinking. I read so many angry, really upset experiences, and I don't blame them, I wonder why nothing has happened yet.

Maybe because those that leave are in actuality the most level headed, reasonable, people you can find. So they are more prone to think of the consequences.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Disfellowshipping: it affects everyone differently.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Sorry Sparrow dow, I meant to hit the like button, love the picture.

I think it hasn't happened for a few reasons. Many JWs that are disfellowshipped or treated unfairly are still believers and have some fear of Jehovah, so that probably keeps them for doing anything like that. Also, the governing body mostly stays in New York, and it's not that easy to get there for most people, and if you did how would you get to them? I doubt they let anybody off the streets into see them. Another reason could be that the JWs are not that big of a group, so the chances of having someone that deranged is probably not that great. There are just not that many truly deranged people, like the Aurora Colorao shooter, in the whole country. That one still creeps me out, I lived in Aurora and went to that same theater many times.

Still, it could happen, it just takes one. I hope not though, as much as I hate the GB

• steve2
    steve2

There were sporadic cases in New Zealand in the 1960s and 70s in which women would study with the Witnesses and start going to meetings, their non-witness husbands would tell them not to go and to stop studying with the Witnesses, but the wives would refuse. It was not unheard of for the husbands to turn up to meetings and make horrible scenes, sometimes neccesitating the presence of the police.

On the topic of disfellowshipped individuals resorting to violence I have little understanding and even less patience. The world is overflowing with hurt and angry people who lose all sense of proportion and end up carrying out vile acts and try to blame others. Even ISIS blames an "apostate" variant of Islam, Shi 'ite, on its barbaric acts. And there is no shortage of violent people serving lengthy prison sentences who are convinced they were done wrong.

VIolence is never justified under the types of scenarios resulting from being disfellowshipped.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

i think the GB IS concerned about the possibility. This fear is why tunnels were built for escape routes underneath the original headquarters and why the New headquarters is an isolated compound with plenty of security and an airport.

RandF are on their own. GB........ NEVER!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My theory:

In order to discover TTATT, an individual must have objectivity and intellectual honesty. Every good thing associated with those two qualities must be present. Those qualities in abundance are simply not usually found in your average uni-bomber or school shooter, or roadside sniper.

In short, WTBTS dissenters simply aren't the rabid opposers that we are made out to be.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit