So fed up!!!!! New here!

by Shytears 34 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Shytears
    Shytears

Hmm,i dont how too start off,but ill try,so im 16 yrs old,im being raised as a jw,and it is hard as hell,sometimes i think,if this is the right religion arent you suppose to be happy???well i really cant do anything about that because my parents say no way they will let me go in "the world" nonsense!so im stuck here ,lonely,depressed,and confused,sometimes i wish id die,but i know that wont help nothing.i want out of this org so bad,but i cant do nothing about it.there always telling me dont let satan and the bad asscioates influence you!im sick of that.all my friends well i shold say my ex friends they never helped me,my as they say:worldy friends did.

also i really really like this guy,i know he like me but he is worldy and i wish so badly i could date him,(i hate the term worldy,so stupid)my parents seriously will not give me space and they are stuck up my @ss.please if u have any commets i would sincerly appriciate it:) Laura

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Laura, you sound a lot like me when I was sixteen. Bide your time. 
    Eventually you will move out and be allowed to think for yourself and 
    date whoever you want. It seems impossible now, but you are so close. 
    Only a few more years, they will go fast if you can just hold out.

AND FOR GODSAKES DON'T GET BAPTIZED! Then all will be well. Stay strong. You are among friends here who can relate to what you are going through...

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Go to college. Don't get married or pregnant until later. Keep your options open. Your 16 year old crush is a big feeling, I know, but really, when you get away from home, your feelings can be developed without ruining yourself.

When you go to college, LIVE ON CAMPUS and explore the world through books, R-rated movies, and the Internet.

Be smart and take care of yourself. The org tells you that they will take care of you. They won't. They'll use you up then toss you aside. The only person you are responsible to is God himself, and what burden does he lay upon us but to be honest and upright and humble before Him?

Genuinely explore it all, including other religions (but don't jump into another cult).

College could be your big chance. It was mine.

CZAR

• Shytears
    Shytears

hehe thanks:)well too late for not getting baptized,i was at 13 :(thanx for replying ,it feels better and makes tears come to my eyes to know people have gone thru same things im going thru and know what im talking about.

lots o love, Laura

• Buster
    Buster

Ditto to Csarofmischief

I've seen this come out badly too may times. JWs get caught up in the 'dating is for marrying' stuff. So, when the pressure at home eventually gets too high, and its time to find an identity outside of the parental umbrella - girls look for someone to take them away - and too often its some schlub witness boy that you never would have given a second glance if he was from the population at large. Its got divorced single parent written all over it.

Do you have another relative that you can count on in a pinch - non-JW? Older siblings? Grandparents? You'll need someone when you need to strike out.

Good luck,

- Buster

• Farkel
    Farkel

Laura,

Thank you for sharing your stuff with us. I was 16 once, but that was several hundred years ago.

If I can help you, please let me try:

You don't have any problems that cannot be solved with good grammar and punctuation. That being the case, get a good education, send the JWs to hell and be all that you can be.

Farkel

P.S. Send that young man out of your life and get your education before you decide to get involved. If he's worthy of you, he'll wait. If not, I did you a big favor and you'll still be better off.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

if this is the right religion arent you suppose to be happy?
    Thousands have asked themselves this question. It is these sort of internal struggles that cause many such as yourself to go outside the camp of Jehovah's Witnesses to investigate whether or not their religion is really "the truth". Do not be afraid to investigate and question what you have been taught.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    You don't have any problems that cannot be solved with good grammar and punctuation.

Main Entry: wit
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German wizzi knowledge, Old English witan to know
    Date: before 12th century
    a : astuteness of perception or judgment : b : the ability to relate seemingly disparate things so as to illuminate or amuse c (1) : a talent for banter or persiflage (2) : a witty utterance or exchange d : clever or apt humor

• Buster
    Buster

I just want to give a ditto to Farkel: gotta stay away from anything serious with a boy. You don't need that now. And don't let him convince you that he needs you. You can't do anything for him until you get your feet under you.

Set your sights on how much you could do for someone when you have an education and some goals. I've seen older siblings and some other relatives come in handy - uncles, aunts.

You are in a tougher spot having been baptised, It lets them bring the issue to you. Get your mind set as to how you will deal with it - they're coming.

There are a lot of people here that have been there. I'll bet some may be able to help too. (I have a 16 yr old daughter)

Good Luck,

-Buster

(Come on guys, this is a 16-yr-old here. I doubt she'll appreciate the humor when she's just reached out.)

• Simon
    Simon

Don't let other people live your life BUT listen to the advice they give and don't 'rebel' at everything just because some of what they believe is wrong.

Be careful. Be happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit