Does anybody here harass conventioneers?

by czarofmischief 15 Replies latest social current

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Czar,

Funny thing you brought that up. Ive been thinking on the subject myself lately. I remember the same thing when i was a kid. At one district assy. in North Carolina, one of them dressed up like a brother (suit, tie, ect.) and stood by the backstage right before they introduced the new speaker, and walked up to the podium when they introduced the speaker. Everybody (exept for the real speaker) thought it was the speaker. He started out in a normal fashion (no screaming or yelling) untill he said an anti-JW word or something, and two or three brothers ran up and grabbed him. Then he started yelling and kicking, and screaming, as they dragged him off stage. Ahhh i still remember the buzz over that one. I bet they talked about that for years.

Mostly i remember several protestors that would stand around yelling at everybody usually on thier way into the assy. hall. It always kind of un-nerved me, yet there was always something exiting about it all. I don't remember seeing any in the early 90's (i left in 93) Someone said earlier on this post that they still get out?

• Prisca
    Prisca

I never really saw the value of protesters outside the assemblies. As MegaDude said, it's more likely to turn the JW's mind off, and they will ignore whatever the protester is saying. Plus it's probably a cultural thing - Australians aren't really into protesting and picketing, and those that do are regarded as fanatics.

The billboard idea is probably the best idea - just have something that catches the eye, no physical confrontation is involved, and if it stays in the JW's mind, it may be one of those little pieces of the puzzle that help the JW realise his religion is a sham.

• jurs
    jurs

I never saw any protesters while I was a witness. If there was a group going to protest I'd want to join in. When I was a JW it probably woudn't have influenced me unless I knew that former brother or sister but I think it would be kindof fun to do and who knows it could affect someone.

jurs

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Nope, beacuse it won't acomplish anything, there are far better places to focus my attention.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I grow weary of this constant griping. The time has come for ACTION! Smite them! Yea, most mightily... Just kidding. anybody in the Cleveland area feel like joining forces for a picket next summer?

CZAR

• breeze
    breeze

Go play golf.....watch a football game....spend time with your kids...ETC...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit