Angelo Catanzaro

by Room 215 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

I recently heard Angelo Catanzaro, a rather prominent figure in the organization .. a long-time District Overseer and a favorite of Knorr's, died recently. There was some indication that he and his wife figured out TTATT in their latter years and turned "apostate"...

Does anyone out there know what happened to them?

• TheListener
    TheListener
    I thought I read a few years ago that Angelo also learned the TTATT. Don't know where I read that though.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I believe he was our DO in the 80s. . . .

Interesting.

• tiki
    tiki
    Omg..I remember that name. I think he did the baptism talk in Montreal in 1966..when in my teenage ignorance I got dunked.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

For what it's worth, this thread from 5 years ago mentions Catanzaro giving the opening prayer at the 2010 AM:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/200462/some-light-reading-from-october-2-2010

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    There was some indication that he and his wife figured out TTATT in their latter years and turned "apostate"...
    I thought I read a few years ago that Angelo also learned the TTATT. Don't know where I read that though.
    For what it's worth, this thread from 5 years ago mentions Catanzaro giving the opening prayer at the 2010 AM:

Hmmm...pretty sure I had him as a DO when I was very young.

Out of curiosity, what is leading you to say he may have learned TTATT? If so, it must have been very recently based on BoC's reference to his role at the 2010 AM.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    It was on a thread a few years ago, which must have been on another board. I can't seem to locate it so consider it probably incorrect. The last mention I was able to find for Angelo was his 2010 AGM prayer.
  • Emma
    Emma
    Tiki, me too! That's where and when I was baptized. I was 17. Maybe we were on the bus together, lol. I remember someone got motion sickness, that wasn't you was it!
  • blondie
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I was very young where he was a CO here. Evidently he was pretty blunt from the stories I've heard.

It would be great to know that a former CO/DO finally awakened to TTATT.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit