Special talk today

by OrangeBlossom 22 Replies latest jw friends

• OrangeBlossom
    OrangeBlossom

For all of you that missed today's special talk, here are the highlights...
    blah blah blah blah blah, etc.

• Gopher
    Gopher

OB,

Thanks for the run-down! I shall now go to my NWT and look up all those scriptures you cited. [8>]

Gopher

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

If you could give a brief over-view it would be appreciated.. (Just for "social purposes" )

Thanks,

Path

• NikL
    NikL

ROFL!
    I remember seeing the outline for that one!
    Very inspiring. Especially the part where Jehovah blah blah blah and the organisation yadda yadda yadda.
    Thanks for sharing this vital information. :)

• riz
    riz

heeheehee

you guys are evil. i love it.

riz
    (what a bunch of crap! class)

• Francois
    Francois

I haven't been in a kingdom hall in over 20 years, but I don't remember anyone having so much fun in any meeting I ever attended. Do the elders know you folks are having so much fun? And what are they going to do about it?

BTW, I really like that tag line that goes: Bad associations make better lovers. How true. How true.

Now, even though it's been a long time, I remember that circuit and district assemblies were among the best places on the planet to get laid. And by the sisters, no less. My uncle was the cong. overseer long before there was any such thing as the elder arrangement. And while staying with him one summer, I, um, er, well, peeked through his congregation file. I couldn't believe who all had been screwing who all else. It was a regular free for all in that congregation. I'm amazed that those folks could keep track of whose baby was whose. And I really can't believe that was an isolated case, either.

• NikL
    NikL

Hey Francoise,
    What cong. was that? I may start going back to the meetings! ;)

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Am I the only one who sees the humor in the "Special Talk' being on April Fools. HAHAHHAHAHA how fitting eh?

Venice

• Moxy
    Moxy

brief overview of special talk:

runner-up to memorial next week. reviewed need for ransom, science hopes to end death but is unable. jehovah promised ransom in genesis and hope continues thru OT, fulfilled in Jesus, a 'corresponding ransom.' need to follow jesus, not simply believe unto the lord and be saved for all time.

nothing very unusual, geared towards new ones.

mox

• nojw86
    nojw86

Have not been back in 15 yrs, nothin much has changed has it? Although blah blah, sounds better than turn to 1st blah and verse 12 blah.....nojw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit