The Watchtower is stuck in the 1950's for science

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Sure they have embraced the internet and electronic media etc. By their science is so far off it's sad ...but UNDERSTANDABLE.

The WT published several articles in the past dealing with reletivity etc. Yes great....100 years old science today.

Where are the quantum mechanic articles? Nothing... none... nadda.... My prediction... there never will be...

Quantum theory undermines EVERYTHING about reality. The WT would be forced to admit Jehovah is an undecided, hopeless juggler. Jesus (Who the WT says created everything as a master worker) would no longer be the 'way' or the 'truth' '. He would be an uncertainty. Not only that this mysterious Holy Spirit would never work anyway.

I should add there are two newer theories that relate somewhat to quantum mechanics:

1. The Multi-verse theory (Becoming mainstream in science)

Jesus died once for all time..... really.... how many times did he die once for all times. How many did did Adam take or not take a fruit.

2. The Holographic Universe (Not yet mainstream but moving up)

This theory disproves our very existance and the only possiblity of God is as a Black Hole.

Do you want to remain in a religion that MUST reject any science done in the last 60 years or so.

That includes Genetics as well.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Couldn't agree more, quantum mechanics = something can come from nothing

Genetic science= evidence for many types of hominids, denisovian & neanderthal dna in modern sapien populations, switched off genes for all sorts of atavistic traits like human full body hair &tails and whale legs etc, we can also work out the no of generations back until our common ancestor with chimps etc

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How can the "one true religion in all of human history", possible allow modern science into their "bible-based" journals???

You can't explain "popping the quiff" to someone who is struggling to assemble a three-piece literature cart.

DD

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    The 1950s were actually more advanced in science than the Watchtower. That is the decade when they said that helicopters were of the devil and that rockets would not work in space.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

How can the WTS be stuck in the 1950s?

They've only just caught up to them. :smirk:

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

That is the decade when they said that helicopters were of the devil and that rockets would not work in space.

The Watchtower said that about helicopters? Where would I find that? Thanks for your help.

• datto
    datto

science can only move faster than ever. the WTS could never catch up. they still spreading their version of science is because many people are still stuck in that era of science as well. probably because that era of science is easy to understand and probably there are still room for god.

however people today are getting more skeptical and more exposed to modern science. but don't forget the WTS always has a wildcard (aka joker) in their pocket, "Satan". When they are unable to alter, or twisting the quantum mechanics to support their cult, they would probably say that the world is controlled by Satan. It is always Satan's fault isn't it?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Esse quam videri:

The Watchtower said that about helicopters? Where would I find that?"

I forget which Watchtower or Awake article it was in but it was mentioned in Clint Eastwood's movie A Perfect World where a JW child tells an escaped convict, played by Kevin Costner, that his religion is against it. In the final scene the convict played by Eastwood makes the child's mother promise that she allow her son to fly in a helicopter.

The movie was accurate about JW beliefs with one exception (hell) and was considered to be one of Eastwood's best, though underrated movies.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It wasn't riding in a helicopter, it was trick-or-treating.

The only other really significant thing I remember about A Perfect World was that it was the only movie where I'd ever seen Costner kiss a woman's bare ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit