Convention pictures #3 (last)

by borgfree 23 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    was paranoid about forgetting to bring a tie for my talk,

Madman>>>>>>>ahem, a little jw residue left in your brain? LOL

Yeah, maybe just a bit. But I have noticed that most of the (male) speakers wear suits with ties, and I figured it would be best to follow "suit" do as the others do. I certainly don't dress for the sessions in which I'm not speaking as I would have for the KH meetings when I was a JW. The pictures will adequately testify to that.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Anyone>>>>>>>>> I was told by towerman that there were 4 jw's there and 3 were of the 'annointed' and one of them spoke?????? How odd....what is that all about?? Come on, tell me....please?? Dj

There were 4 current JW's there, two married couples (I believe - in any event 2 men and 2 women). I spoke with them briefly in the hallway of the building where my room was on Thursday night as I was bringing my luggage in. They referred to themselves as "concerned JW's". I don't remember them speaking in the program, except that one of the men introduced the group during the Friday morning program, in which they pass the microphone around and everyone introduces himself/herself. I didn't get much of a chance to speak with them after that, but I did notice that they stayed through the whole program, and even seemed to enjoy some of the occasional barbs against the Society. They also had a lot of conversations with a lot of people, so I'm sure they got the information they came for.

From what I heard, one of the women was not too keen on being there, but stayed mostly to humor her husband. Hope there are no problems when they get back to their congregation. Or, maybe if there are, it will help them to see what the WT really is...

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well!!! being the Mouthy that I am___ I talked to them for 1 hour( eat your heart out Tom) It was great!They are booked already for next year.......They were really great- they KNOW there is a lot wrong with "MOTHER" ....He told me he will bring a bus load next year!!!!!!!When he first met me- He called me" Mrs Doubtfire"blooming nerve!!!! but at the end he was calling me a" Beautiful English Lady" DID YOU GET THAT FOLKS??????? A Beautiful English Lady!!!!!

What did you say???? He is blind????? Go to your room.

Not you IW((((hug))))

• DJ
    DJ

LOL, LOL and LOL @ Mouthy!

I was told that one of them spoke on Sunday Night, Having something to do with" what's up at the WT". I have to get more info from Fran~~ he got it from a Canadian couple who was there (they are on jwinfoline) I have to re-check their names.

Madman, I love ya, just teasing

Oh yea, Does anyone know Keith?? dj

• DJ
    DJ

Richard and Cheryl Schatz...from Edmonton, anyone know them???

• borgfree
    borgfree

DJ,

Oh yea, Does anyone know Keith??

Yes. but not very well.

Richard and Cheryl Schatz...from Edmonton, anyone know them???

Yes, they are now a part of MacGregor Ministries.

Borgfree

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

I KAN SEE SOME THING ARE NOT LIKE ASSEMBLIES -- the entertainment they sang on key and there was a cross visable as well...queenie

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I was told that one of them spoke on Sunday Night, Having something to do with" what's up at the WT". I have to get more info from Fran~~ he got it from a Canadian couple who was there (they are on jwinfoline) I have to re-check their names.

Hmmm, guess I shoulda stayed for the Sunday night session; I left right after supper. I was tired and wanted to get home to the most wonderful woman in the world. Sounds like I missed some good stuff, though.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Yes you did Neon.

• mouthy
    mouthy

But I dont blame you Tom for going home to wifey,,,, she is very nice!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit