Convention pictures #3 (last)

by borgfree 23 Replies latest jw friends

• borgfree
    borgfree

(Back row, left to right) Doc Bob, Sunstarr, Borgfree

(Middle row) Joy, Bryan (Flower's honey) holding Flower's son, Flower, Brymichmom, Gypsywildone.

(Front row) Grace (Mouthy)

Dannie - singing solo

"Orizon" performing - you might recognize the back of some heads.

RuthAnn and Mike Harvey - performing

Food time

Marv, Sybil (sitting on Marv's lap, Evelyn (right)

Sunstarr took this picture.........I do not know why?

James and Grace

The rest of the pictures can be viewed at:

http://www.strike9.com/profile.aspx?name=sunstar937&dir=

• DJ
    DJ

Hi borgfree,

Hey thanks for posting all of these! I must say that just viewing the pictures is so different from actually being there. The pic.'s (no offense) just can't convey the feelings there. Honestly, it looks like some boring KH event. I am saying this because I have been there and it is great! It's not boring, the music isn't dorky (like it looks...LOL) and it's a thrill to go and never forgotten. The love is strong and truly felt, it's such a blessing. Oh......LOL, I looked at the rest of the pic's on strike 9 and there is one of my bro-in-law....made me laugh anyway.....lol what is he doing on my computer!! His name is Keith and he is married to my sister who is a jw. He puts up with a lot and does it well! He's the guy in P1010039 playing the guitar in the front. I hope and pray that I will be able to go next year. This year has been rough for my family. Thanks again for posting these. Love, Dj

p.s. Do you think that I'd be wise to get all of the tapes this year or just a few you recommend??

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I really enjoyed all your convention pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Orangefatcat.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks alot Roy....I see you DID get one with my mouth shut!!!!!Miracles ..do happen See!

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi DJ,

Honestly, it looks like some boring KH event. I am saying this because I have been there and it is great! It's not boring, the music isn't dorky (like it looks...LOL) and it's a thrill to go and never forgotten. The love is strong and truly felt, it's such a blessing.

Yes, I agree. The first year I attended, I felt very uneasy, but everyone treated me with so much love I soon got over the uneasyness. ( is that a word?) And, I really love all of the music.

I looked at the rest of the pic's on strike 9 and there is one of my bro-in-law....

Yes, they performed during one of the sessions. I don't tend to take pictures during the program, actually I do not tend to take pictures at all, thats why I don't have more of each JWD poster.

Do you think that I'd be wise to get all of the tapes this year or just a few you recommend??

I am not sure what I would recommend. When I attend, I usually buy a few tapes, but, if I was not there, I think I would probably buy the entire set. There is interesting information in each part.

Orangefatcat,

Thanks for your nice comment.

Everybody,

Thanks for all of your comments.

I hoped to present an overall picture of what the convention is like. I know, like someone commented, that photo's do not present an accurate picture of the convention, but, maybe it helps. Gypsy, and others, have commented that it is nothing like a WT convention, I definitely agree with that, I would not attend myself if it were like that.

Tom,

Sorry I did not take your picture while you were in your finery. I just did not recognize you.

Borgfree

• borgfree
    borgfree

Grace,

I am sorry, I made a huge mistake, I will try to never let that happen again.

Borgfree

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Tom,

Sorry I did not take your picture while you were in your finery. I just did not recognize you.

Doesn't surprise me; it's not my usual state...

I have to apologize, too for missing the group shot. Grace told me about it that morning, but I was paranoid about forgetting to bring a tie for my talk, so I ran out to Wal-Mart to buy one, forgetting all about the picture. I felt terrible later on when she reminded me.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Yes, I agree it was nothing like an assembly or any other jw event. No one even asked me "what" I was, Christian or non. No one shoved any religious beliefs down my throat or was judgemental in any way. I first went 2 years ago, skipped last year, & returned Sat. this year. The first time I went, I was uneasy also, because I am not a religious type & don't go to church. But I was quickly at ease & felt comfortable.
    And the love was real, not a put on. I was also impressed at how many there never were jws, they just got interested in the plight of the jws through friends or neighbors, checked it out & started doing whatever they could to help.
    I went dressed as myself, as you can see. I saw people wandering around, socializing & just enjoying themselves. I would reccomend this to anyone!

• DJ
    DJ
    was paranoid about forgetting to bring a tie for my talk,

Madman>>>>>>>ahem, a little jw residue left in your brain? LOL

Gracie>>>>>you are just adorable!!

Anyone>>>>>>>>> I was told by towerman that there were 4 jw's there and 3 were of the 'annointed' and one of them spoke?????? How odd....what is that all about?? Come on, tell me....please?? Dj

Sorry that everything is highlighted.... I can't make it stop, this always happens to me!

Edited by - DJ on 25 October 2002 11:20:7

• borgfree
    borgfree

DJ,

I was told by towerman that there were 4 jw's there and 3 were of the 'annointed' and one of them spoke?????? How odd....what is that all about?? Come on, tell me....please??

My lips are sealed.

Boegfree Borgfree

Edited by - borgfree on 25 October 2002 12:0:3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit