To all you pagans, wiccans, witches, and whatnots

by czarofmischief 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

So, I'm getting my spirit guides tattooed on my arms. What unusual things do you guys do to elevate your spirituality, as it were?

CZAR

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I focus on meditation and subconscious images. Have you ever studied "Silva Ultra Mind Systems?" It is a method I use constantly, as it compliments Shamanism greatly. As for my actual guides, it depends. How are you depicting their image and where is the placement? There is something to that after all. Also, what date are you having this done?

My thought

Dragon

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

No I haven't read that book. I think I'll check it out next time I'm at the Library.

What kind of subconcious imagery? Like, you meditate, and what do you see?

My spirit guides are fairly unrefined, as far as that kind of thing goes. They are from a recurring dream I have in which a mountain lion and a rattlesnake were fighting. The lion killed the snake, but not before receiving a mortal bite of its own. So after pondering it, I figured that there were at least two dominant aspects to my personality that needed to resolve their conflicts before they destroyed each other. Later on I got to attaching and developing meanings that related to the physical and behavioral characteristics of these animals.

The rattler represents the cautious, sneaky, sensual, sarcastic and sensitive [lots of esses, I know].

The lion is persistent, violent, family oriented, intelligent, inclined to be dominant.

Like I said, it is fairly crude and maybe a bit childish, but it was and is a useful tool to understand myself and my relationship to the world.

I already have the rattler wrapped around my left arm. I'm going to get the lion in a couple months.

CZAR

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Let me give you a thought about placement from martial arts, or the understanding of mental Chi ...

When life and the art of martial arts was mastered a dragon was put on the left arm, and a tiger on the right. The thinking behind this was that in the spiritual, the left arm holds the animal of wisdom. While the right arm is ready to defend us and fight. Only when both were used together in balance could either really be victorious.

... so with this in mind you must decide, which animal is which, and put wisdom on your left arm ... which is closest to your heart, or seat of life. Then put strength and power on your right arm, which is the arm that will lead you, behind the left arm of guidance and wisdom. Power can not exist without wisdom.

My thought

Dragon

Edited by - kenpodragon on 24 October 2002 23:40:29

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

hmmmmm...would not even know where to start...

basically I am strega, which has to do with alot of folk/kitchen magic, with natural abilities in shape-shifting and benandanti(good walkers).

but I have utilized voodoun and chaos techniques. I like the energy work in chaos magick, especially sexual. the theory is to achieve high states of emotional vibes in whatever way works for you. it can be thru sexual climax or even holding your breath until you pass out. this is the theory behind the higher spiritual states of aesthetics and saints(fasting, flogging, flagellating, hair shirts, etc) but it could also be achieved by eating Godiva chocolate naked while listening to AC/DC.....

I find it very easy to astral travel by lying on my right side-leaving thru my heart chakra or flat on my back-no pillow-thru my throat chakra. I breathe in rhythm of 4---inhale 1,2,3,4/hold in 1,2,3,4/exhale 1,2,3,4/hold out 1,2,3,4...I try not to listen to tv or music---that interferes with my ability to control the traveling. but it may not for you. i enjoy very much some kind of incense or perfume, but usually I dont travel with a candle burning just because it is a safety hazard.

I guess you can figure that I use magick to develope my spirituality. really just energy manipulation turned inward. if lighting a candle helps you go into alpha brain waves, or aromatherapy increases your sensual awareness, then go for it! but above all remember that your are a whole being. religion separates our physical body from the spiritual body. find what reunites your parts and you will reach spiritual enlightenment!

Ravyn

• Satanus
    Satanus

Breath counting meditation. Energy recycling through trees. Visualize connections w the earth's core and the north star, while walking. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1578630231/qid=1035521813/sr=1-55/ref=sr_1_55/103-7167165-6575062?v=glance The book at the url has a number of exercises. Some of them are quite good.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit