was this place scary the first time?

by jurs 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• jurs
    jurs

Here and there a newbie will post and its obvious that they think that this site is for JW's and not EX's. Did any of you ever come across an apostate site on accident? What about the first time you came here? I was nervous and a little scared but it didn't take too long before I was laughing. I couldn't believe that some of these people were once my brothers and sisters. It was nice to see people act real.

jurs

• gumby
    gumby

I had ALREADY done the things that made me fearful.

Going into the Christian bookstore and ordering COC was the first thing.Then going to a Church was second. By the time I had found out about Apostate Web Sites, the fear had vanished.

• myself
    myself

I sat in front of the computer for two days before I logged on. I prayed that if I was doing the wrong thing that God forgive me. LOL. I now thank Him, and my sister for directing me here.

I couldn't believe that some of these people were once my brothers and sisters.
    These people are my brothers and sisters (((((((board))))))
  • KD
    KD

This is an example of why the society trys to keep it's members blind by making them read only society published garbage. They keep people in fear of ever trying to broaden their thinking and stopping them from examining sites like this. They really are the borg!!!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

The first two place I went on the net were the jw and ex chat rooms on AOL. I dived right it. It didn't take anytime for me to become an ex jw.

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I wasn't really scared to post for the very first time...I just jumped right in. I did find, though, that some came across as rude, angry, hostile, and quick to judge. I was turned off by the badmouthing that I found here. I didn't feel very welcomed.

Now, I just don't care. I don't post a whole lot, and I only read through this board when I have some time. I have found some very nice and caring people on this board, though. There are also some that can really make me laugh! It's been a fun place, and sometimes informative. I have found it helpful to find some that have somewhat gone through what I have gone through. To those I say "Thank You".

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Jurs,

I was a bit hesitant about posting here, but Waiting is my sister so it was much easier.

The first time I went on a so-called apostate site, I was full of trepidation. I was full of wonder and fear at the same time. But I got over it--completely and quickly!

It's very therapeutic and supportive to have on-line communities with such specialized areas as XJWs. There is much to learn and facilitates leaving the Borg.

Pat

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I came on this board after a friend had mentioned the media coverage of the sex abuse cases.I was uncomfortable at first--those old tapes started playing in my head about apostate material. Then I started reading the posts and realised that a lot of people had experienced what I had, and I realised that this is a place that I need to come to very much right now.

Thanks to all who have responded to my posts and offered me advice:)

Cicatrix

• onacruse
    onacruse

jurs: "It was nice to see people act real."

Oh, YEAH!!! I never was one for looking at JW or ex-JW sites...looked at H2O a couple of times years ago, that's about it.

I came to this board because a close friend recommended it. I was nervous at first, but only because I was (and for that matter, still am) so inexperienced with Internet stuff. Sheesh, this is the ONLY board I've ever posted to, and the ONLY chat room I've ever been in. A real Internet virgin.

It took me about a week, and when I saw how mind-bogglingly real and honest the people here are, I even felt so comfortable as to e-mail Simon and ask that he change my handle from "onacruse" to "CraigM." But slacker Simon (wishing I knew a good Brit term to use here) just ignored me.

I LOVE THIS FORUM! Thanks to you all, and thanks to you, Simon.

Craig (of the "met bikerchic thanks to this board" class)

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Craig (of the "met bikerchic thanks to this board" class)

Do I know you Craig?

bikerchic (of the hit Craig over the head with a 2x4 and HE LOVES IT class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit