Wedding Ceremony

by JohnR 19 Replies latest social family

• LDH
    LDH

For a really nice touch, give them a "money envelope." There will be an overweight "sister" guarding the thinly-veiled GIMMEE box at the back of the 4-H center where the reception is being held.

Inside the money envelope, place a letter stating you have made a donation on their behalf to, say, United Way or Rotary International.

LOL.

Lisa

• Prisca
    Prisca

Even better, the Red Cross

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

It's like signing a contract with the Mafia.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

LDH- PRISCA-SENTINEL.

Right On Kids. I haven't laughed that hard in days. United Way Rotary or Red cross. What a dig.

I am laughing so hard I can't type. You three ought to tryout for a comedy club as a group.

Outoftheorg

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember the bride and groom weren't allowed to write their own vows or anything like that. They had to use the vows the Society has written. The wedding music was music from the songbook, no Wedding March or anything like that. Of course it was OK to play "secular" music at the reception. Also the reception has to be held at a different location than the KH, since there are no fellowship halls.

I think the bride has to say she has the "deepest respect" for her hubby instead of the word obey.

Obey??? To me that's an online auction website...

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

2/3 of the guests will be JW's. Should be interesting

Meet as many as you can - 'cause if your brother doesn't do as he's told, it could be the last time you have the chance.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

At least with a nude wedding, it makes it easier to identify who the Best Man is....

Pope

• Been there
    Been there

ROTFL @ POE

Would'nt want the bride changing her mind half way thru the ceremony would we?

• ballistic
    ballistic

I had a good chuckle at the nude ceremonies. Good one.

• Pepper
    Pepper

It is not a lovely ceramoney, you have elders standing over your sholder breathing down your neck, even if you go to a private place they will find out that you drank to much cold duck; traditions are what make life have meaning the Witness's take fun out of life, with all their do's and don't's, they are a as bad as the first centry Jews.

Pepper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit