Update on my little sister

by mamashel 20 Replies latest jw friends

• mamashel
    mamashel

For those of you who were so helpful in the hard time we were going through in my sister in laws case of abuse, i have some really good news.

She is 14 yrs old and her mother is a jw, totally active witness, her mother married the girls father after he served only 14 yrs of a 25 to life sentence for manslaughter. He was released because the prison closed down and the others are overcrowded. The mother married him, and after only 3 months of being out he started physically abusing the daughter(my hubby's sister). The last time was when he punched her in the jaw, and I called the school, and the school called child protective services. She was removed from the home that day. She was placed in foster care, only because they would not let her stay with us for her safety, becaue my husband and her father got into a huge fight (physical) and he threatened to kill my husband.

Well after a month of her being in foster care, we went to court yesterday, and her mother didnt even show up for the hearing, she was to busy trying to get her no good husband out of jail. Yes, finally after 35 days after he hit her, he was arrested and is now sitting in jail, awaiting trial. $25,000 bond. hahahahaha cant get out. He is a felon on paper, on paroll, i hope they send his rotten ass back to prison. I still will never understand how his mom could marry a man that beat the crap out of her and her sons when they were young, but to each their own i guess.

The good news is we got full custody of her yesterday, and she is aloud to come and stay with us. Her father has no visitation rights, and the mother only supervised visits once a month.

I am so happy with the decision, and she is one happy little girl. Thank you to all of you who were there to help me through this time.

Shelley

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

((((mamashel))))

What wonderful news! I know you'll be a good "mom" to little sis.

FreeFallin

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Cool - way to go shelley !

• Tish
    Tish

Hi there,

I just wanted to say that I hope you and your family will now be happy. It does go to show that there is a God out there and that there is some justice in this world. I hope this man rots in jail.

Luv

Tish

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

oh Mammashel, I am so happy for you and for that dear girl!!! Thank the Goddess she is safe with you now! I grew up in an abusive household and it was hell on earth, I wish I'd had someone to rescue me at 14.
    I am so glad you could be there for her. She is safe physically, and hopefully will enjoy being safe spiritually, away from the jws!

Bright Blessings
    ~Witch

• Angharad
    Angharad

Great news Mamashel

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

(((((((((((((((((((Shelley)))))))))))))))))))))

Yipppeeee!!!! Wow, this is good news!! And what a great place for her to be!

many hugs!!!!!

XW

• Jesika
    Jesika

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy for you and her too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried calling you,but no answer!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JESIKA

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Thank goodness!

I wonder just how strongly the elders and congregation counseled your sister about the course she was taking? I wonder how hard they worked to make a place for her where she wouldn't feel like she needed to have that worthless half a man in her life to feel whole?

God knows they would have given stern counsel if she'd seen an R rated movie. Pretense. It's all pretense with witnesses.

Edited by - SixofNine on 22 October 2002 12:37:31

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

It's always sad when a child has to be taken away from a parent, but sometimes very necessary. This is one of those times. Way to go. I hope she stays happy and you sound estatic over it, you should be.

As for the Mom, hoefully, she will get her head out and rebuild what she destroyed, but if not, her daughter is now well cared for.

Lew W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit