FDS has been tipped off ahead of time?!

by greven 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Super-rich, super-influential French Jewish family into banking and champange.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Mike...I think it's one of those imported mints.

-BONEZZ

• benext
    benext

This may have reference to the ongoing battle between King of the North and King of the South.

• onacruse
    onacruse

garybuss: Me thinks it probably should read like this: "Yes, the "Faitful and Discreet Slave" was awake to the coming of 1914 in 1942."

ROFLMAO

The FDS isn't tipped off, just plain tipsy.

Craig

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Let's see what they really believed in 1942:

"Daniel's lot is that of these princes. Proof is now submitted that we are now living at the end of the days, and we may expect to see Daniel and the other mentioned princes any day now!" (Consolation, April 27, 1942, p. 13, brackets in the original)

Hmmm, no mention of an allied victory. Maybe Daniel is just some guy in the States.

"Now, with Armageddon immediately before us, it is a matter of life or destruction. Those who would be of the Lords other sheep that shall compose the great multitude of Armageddon survivors and live joyfully on earth forever must find the answer to a very personal question, and very important." (Watchtower, April 1, 1942, p. 139)

Again, it sounds like they are predicting God's government, not the UN.

"The witness work for The Theocracy appears to be about done in most of the countries of "Christendom. ... Now the totalitarian rule has suppressed the Theocratic message, and it should be expected that when they quit fighting amongst themselves all the totalitarian rulers will turn their attention to the complete suppression of everything pertaining to the Theocratic Government. What, then, does it mean that the Theocratic Government is now suppressed in many nations? It means that the hour is rapidly approaching when the "sign" of Armageddon will be clearly revealed and all who are on the side of Jehovah will see and appreciate it.." (Watchtower, Sept. 1, 1940, p. 265.

So, it looks like we have caught them in yet another lie.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

The Faithless and Disgusting SorryAss Class did say in their 1942 book, The New World, page 329, "In line with the objectives of the Papacy, the totalitarian dictators withdrew from the League, desiring no longer to be hamstrung in the all-out effort to do the will of the hierarchy and to gain world domination by formation of a "new League of Nations"."

This had no doubt already been talked about in the world court of affairs...and besides they had to cover their ass from previous comments such as from their 1937 book, ENEMIES, page 291, "The question is, Will Great Britain and America become Fascist under the dominating control of the Roman Catholic Hierarchy? The scriptures and the facts appear to fully support that conclusion."

And let's not forget that the "ancient worthies" were coming back any day to rent that nice house in San Diego...gee I wonder what Big Joe was gonna charge 'em?

Oh yeah..and let's not forget this little gem from CHILDREN, published by Big Joe in 1941, " Only eight persons went in and eight came out of the ark. That would appear to indicate it would be proper that those who will form the "great multitude" should wait until after Armageddon to bring children into the world." They'll be eating those words for a long time. Gawd, I love these old books.

So according to the FDS (isn't that some sort of douche product?) we should all be childless, Catholic Nazi's.

-BONEZZ

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Re: FDS

I always though FDS stood for a deodorant.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: am laughing my ass of at the replies I got! I still hope though that abyone knows where they are referring too.

Here is the answer you are looking for: the society points to a talk made by NH Knorr at that time where he "prophecied" the re-emergence of the League of Nations after WWII would end.

Of course, what they won't tell you is that it was already announced by the US and other world leaders that they were already planning to have a United Nations organization while that war was raging.

Since dumb dubbies don't read much outside of the crap they are fed by their religious leaders, they were clueless about this, and after the War ended thought that Knorr had been guided by holy spirit to "predict" what was already known by most people living in the real world.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 22 October 2002 15:16:33

• eby
    eby

*** w88 3/1 15 My Life in Jehovah's Spirit-Directed Organization ***

Peace Period Remarkably Forecast

I found great joy in returning to the many warm brothers at Brooklyn Bethel. I had come in time to attend the history-making convention in Cleveland, Ohio, September 18-20, 1942. There, Brother N. H. Knorr, the Society's new president, gave the talk "Peace-Can It Last?" This brought new light on Revelation 17:8. It was revealed that the Allied powers would prevail and that a new international "peace beast" would arise. This did occur when, after the war ended in 1945, the United Nations was organized!

*** w89 4/15 14 The Infamous Harlot-Her Destruction ***

What, though, is "the mystery of the woman and of the wild beast"?

12 By divine providence, Jehovah's Witnesses received enlightenment on that mystery in 1942. World War II was then raging at its height, and many thought it would escalate into Armageddon. But Jehovah had a different thought! There was still much work for his Witnesses to do! At their New World Theocratic Assembly of September 18-20, 1942, with the key city Cleveland, Ohio, tied in with 51 other locations in the United States, Nathan H. Knorr, president of the Watch Tower Society, gave the public talk, "Peace-Can It Last?"

Prior to this time it was taught that The Hague World Court was the beast and it had gone into the abyss at the start of World War I and reappeared as The League. No wonder MANY thought WWII would end in Armageddon. Knorr's speach was also published in a booklet by the same name.

eby

• greven
    greven

Thanks everybody,

these were very helpfull quotes!

It shows again the society predicting armageddon and advising not to take children, then turning around and claiming that "some" thought argmageddon would start but they did not as they were guided by Gods unerring spirit. time and tie again the same sad story. history repeating itself.

It truly seems that the only thing they learn from history is that which is to come. a never ending story.

thanx again folk!!

greven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit