Irresponsible Parents!

by TTBoy 19 Replies latest social family

• shera
    shera

Well,I think both adults here may learn from their mistakes.Take it easy and don't let the temper control yah.

• bea
    bea

shera, good words.

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

I made no mistake nor am I angry. What I did is inconsequential to the lack of responsibility shown by this parent. I'm sure all of you will make sure your children are buckled in. because you are responsible Also you won't tail gate people no matter who is in your car. What I did plays no part in the equation of:

Stupid Parent + Child Not Buckled = Potential Life Threatening Situation for the Child

What ifs - who did what - what were the circumstances -none of this means anything.

TT

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I had a tailgater behind me this morning. I could have had a new car too if my son wouldn't have been with me.

BTW, My kids are always buckled up.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

When I was a boy we would shoot apples off the tops of our friends' heads as we rode around in the backs of pickup trucks. It built up friendship and comradery and a healthy respect for just how tenuous life can be.

• LDH
    LDH

TT,

You WOULD HAVE been correct converning the equation. HOWEVER once you inserted yourself into the situation ACTIVELY you were no longer a mere observer NOTING how a child's life was being disrespected. You became the catalyst for the situation.

Just because Walmart is easy to rip off, doesn't mean I do it.

Just because you can scam the system and apply for food stamps doesn't mean you should do it.

SURE, some people reason that "Well if they don't want food stamps stolen they should close the loopholes."

All I can say to that is, Locks weren't made to keep theives out. They only keep honest people honest.

What you are, you are. What you do, you do. Regardless of the equation before you inserted yourself into the scene. The reasoning you used is faulty, at best.

Lisa

Show compassion where children are involved Class

Edited to say, 6of9 gets funnier daily.

Edited by - LDH on 24 October 2002 0:46:5

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

TT,

I have one request.

Please don't breed.

Thank you.

Andee

• Simon
    Simon

well, I think it was a good idea - it may save the kids life in future and make dumb-parent think twice.

Better than just riding on and not doing anything IMHO although it may have been 'nicer' to stop and tell them face-to-face but why should you risk getting into an argument?

• Prisca
    Prisca
    but why should you risk getting into an argument?

These days, it's not just an argument you have to worry about, but also if the other driver is going to get violent aka road rage!

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

well, I think it was a good idea - it may save the kids life in future and make dumb-parent think twice.

I might agree with you, Simon, had TT KNOWN what the outcome would have been. But, he didn't. He deliberately, WITH MALICE, risked injury to a CHILD to teach this idiot MOTHER a lesson. To use the excuse that it MAY save a child in the future is beyond pathetically weak.

In a magazine I used to read in my younger days, every month they would give
    "thump on the head" to those that would say things that are, well, lets just say, questionable and "thick". So, sorry to say, I have to do this to you, Simon, but:

"THUMP!"

Andee

P.S I"m all for teaching the woman a lesson WITHOUT risking injury to the kid.

Edited by - BeautifulGarbage on 24 October 2002 10:32:12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit