more useless shunning

by myself 12 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

This is just another example that proves my thought: "Just because we came from the same place doesn't mean we are the same people." This hits especially true with family. Sorry Karla, it is always the hardest for the kids to understand religious bigotry. All this for the glory of god. What a crock!

Dave

• myself
    myself

A Paduan- this has opened her eyes even more then ever. Life's experience usually does teach the best lesson's doesn't it. She has been going to the meetings when she is visiting her dad (out of respect) but she has decided that she doesn't even want to do that anymore.

Buster- Her father is a person of denial, if he looks the other way(or closes his eyse), doesn't bring it up, etc. then he feels like maybe it didn't really happen. Yes his head is in the sand. He has no balls. He has been in the borg all his life (forty something years) and still can't make any decisions without running to the elders first (I am being serious) He goes to them for the most petty things. I'll save the details, it may make for a funny post sometime.

LizardSnot- Thank you, Katie fortunately does realize that it is not her fault, nor is there anything she can do about it. It is their loss. (((((hugs)))) back to you. I would ask my brother WWJD but he just wouldn't get it.

Dave- It is funny how different we can be as family members. I am lucky ( I can say that now can't I LOL) that only one sibling and my Mom are the only ones left in that false religion. I can't see God glorifying what they are doing. It would be insane for him to say "quit loving your family to show your loyalty to me" They will claim to still love her but actions speak louder then words.

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((((((((Karla and Katie)))))))))))))

I am so sorry that pettiness and judgmentalism have come into Katie's young life [supposedly] in the name of true worship.

But Katie is brave, as I learned, and she has a very loving, protective Mom to help her see the error of their ways and that religious bigotry sometimes DOES triumph over blood relationships.

Too sad,

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit