Wonderful video resource which has to be seen in full to be appreciated.

by TerryWalstrom 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" The Watchtower leaders are monsters of deceit."

I fully agree, the G.B, but particularly those who control what the G.B say, and what goes into Print, know exactly what they are doing.

Such methodology is truly monstrous, when they claim they have "the truth".

If they did have "the truth" it would never occur to them to use such methods, and it would certainly not be necessary to do so.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Terry...

They know it's wrong, but believe it's "true"... at the same time.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Very important point, Vidiot.

I recently advised a young JW who has awakened, "You may as well try and tell somebody their mother is a whore as to tell them their religion is false."

Even if it's an accurate description--who wants to hear it?

You aren't GIVING somebody anything when you clue them to the Truth about the "truth." You are TAKING the most important thing in their life away from them.

It may be the only buffer against reality; harsh and deadly.

If you cannot replace what you are removing--better think hard before you tell them about the lies.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well said, Terry. I have decided to remain silent for now. Why? I have nothing to offer in place of the JW fairy tale.

The best alternative to wean a JW off the fantasy is to make them a stay-at-home born-again Xian. I think that is a step in the right direction, but I just don't know anymore.

I have no answers and that works for me, but it's not enough for some people. They need structure, even if that structure should be a prison.

DD

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Terry, I get all fired up about wtbts, and want to scream from the rooftops....until..comes along my 87 yr old diabetic, slightly confused neighbour (who knows nothing about my background )but lovingly comes around for a feed once a month and brings me the watchtower and awake.."oh its wonderful being a witness...you get to know EVERYTHING when you are a witness, the society took me to see the garden of eden..we saw this little pool, all thats left, yes!" . Actually she really has been to every continent bar the south pole with "the society" and it must be said its not bad for an immigrant seamstress from Jamaica who came over in the 50's, how many of her generation are so well travelled?I can barely list a country she hasn't been to (and has an anecdote about). Anyway, how do I tell one who has lost everyone in death including a beloved daughter, whose health is failing fast that its all claptrap??

I agree with you wholeheartedly...I could not begin to replace what I would take from her..really, what would be the point at this stage?

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I'm deeply saddened when I hear a 20 year old JW boy say, "I hate Science."

"Why do you hate science?"

"I dunno. I just don't see why they need to even bother teaching it in school."

DESPAIR!!

"Did you know that the word "science" simply means "knowledge"?

"It does??"

"Yes. It simply a method of testing what you think may be true. You measure things, you test them, you let other people test and measure them. You make predictions as to what the facts mean in the long run and wait for the tests to be confirmed. . . it has made all the difference in our society having Science. Just look at our medicine, surgery techniques, hospitals, space exploration, computer technology, cellphones, television, and so on. It is all because of SCIENCE!"

"Oh. I never thought about like that. I've always thought it was a bunch of lies against the Bible."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit