What thing did you do when you left

by shera 32 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

Whats worse? JW's or Fratboys?

• Undecided
    Undecided

I married a worldly girl and had a beautiful little girl along with her two children. Have had a wonderful life since with six grandchildren and one great grandson. What else could I ask for!!!

Ken P.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Martial arts, choose my own friends, be patriotic, holidays, and more. Feeling free to do whatever I wanted that they said not to, but still being in line with being a good person.

• shera
    shera

Thanks for responding. Nice to hear other peoles experinces

• shera
    shera

I wasn't raised in the meetings,so I experinced a lot before I joined the club.Mabey more than I should have

I was glad to give the holidays to my children,my daughter was 5 when I started to celerbrate again and she was so over whelmed(sp)

She cried and my mother and my self went nutts that christmas,making up for all those lost yrs.lol

• jurs
    jurs

A few weeks after I left the org I went to Las Vegas for a vacation!! I also went to a store called St. Nicks that sells Xmas stuff all year long and bought an ornament. Oh, I also went and bought a cross to wear.

jurs

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I donated blood... went to a holloween party... hung out with friends...

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I was a horrible witness the last couple of years, I really didn't let the org. stop me....*evil laughter*...my list of "naughty" was pretty well completed before I left. I guess read "apostate" literature. That was hard believe it or not. I had no worries with sex, but I was still spooked to read "apostate" teachings. I guess I was afraid Satan was going to fly out and start to suck on my brain if I opened a book. All I have left now is holidays, which I am acomplishing this year. My transformation is complete, the darkside has taken me...hee hee

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

We had been discussing never going back to meetings and were quiet unsure of our next step. But we knew our next step would not be a back step. It was head on and face the music. We decided to do the duck and fade, and left town for a month for a job.

The kids and I loaded up with Denny, we stayed at a motel in Kansas that had two rooms in our apt, and a nice pool. I layed there tanning , reading my crime novels, and went to wal-mart and bought myself an American Standard version bible. I was in shock at the scriptures that I "suddenly" saw for the first time, really, yet had been reading them all along. I decided I couldnt be a JW anymore.

I had to prove it to myself , I was restless and wondered if I could really walk away from JW.

I was standing outside as the Kansas wind hit my face hard, trying to get my hair out of my eyes, I saw a store acrosss the street. HUMMMM, they have cigerettes over there. I am going to buy me my first pack of freakin' cigs and no one is going to stop me.

I did. I lit that baby right there under the heaven, for God to see. I didnt care anymore. It was a liberating experience. It wasnt that I wanted to be a smoker or even craved it, i never liked cig smoke. I just wanted to do something , the WT said I couldnt. That was my just my way of proving to myself that I never was going back..... I knew I would never face another judicial committee.

• shera
    shera

It was just about two months ago ,that I realized the NWT was not the "same".I was reading scriptures from the NIV on bible gateway and comparing them to the NWT..I felt like I was reading them for the first time and seeing something totally different from what they teach. just little ittie bittie words and the way they rephase the scriptures,to twist them to their way of belief......sneakie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit