So depressed...(world conditions)

by DanTheMan 32 Replies latest watchtower medical

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Yo,

I have a ton of mental issues. Etc. Oh well. Sometimes I get scared.

But then I stop and think - I'm dealing with issues that are way over my head! That's what the watchtower does! Every time it comes out, its about the hidden dangers of trash disposal, or the secret spiritual hazards involved with secondhand smoke. It's boogeymen.

Jesus gave very good advice, "SUfficient for each day is its own badness."

So. Relax. Tackle the problems you can handle, humbly work what you can find, improve the things you can see. Worlds do not change because of votes, but because of how each one of us as individuals hold up or betray our civilizations. Are you really worried about our country? Then help your fellow countrymen by volunteering at the local homeless shelter, or pick up some litter, or join a clean water campaign. God doesn't need another King or President or Governing Body to save the world for him. He wants little people like you and me who don't mind doing the grunt work of worldsaving. I'm going to become a nurse, and I'm going to be good at it because I know WHY I'm doing it.

Many people are tripping over things that are stirred up for us - but they might not even be real! Governments are not above making the populace afraid of things to drive them in desired directions. the WT did it to me all the time. No wonder we have anxiety and mental disorders!

Anyway, the best thing I can say is repeat Paul's words, "Faith, Hope and Love, and the greatest of these is Love."

Hope I encouraged you if nothing else.

CZAR

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Dan,

Anybody else have a day of the week that you always seem to be depressed on?

I work third and when I go back each Monday morning all of us on the line are quieter. After one night we start to perk up.

Now, every night I'm in a more withdrawn mood from the start of work until first break. It probably has a lot to do with the fact I slept for several hours, ate, drove to work, suited up (and work in a room that's mostly gray machines and white walls--color has a lot to do with moods), and my blood sugar is dropping slightly. After first break I perk up.

Something you mentioned strikes a chord with me too. The first part of the night I'm doing a job that's monotonous and doesn't require I pay a lot of attention. The mind isn't occupied and we have more time to think. And that monotony works for putting one in an altered consciousness state. (Drumming is a good technique for some.) Then a break, a snack, we rotate (each of us takes another job) and now I'm doing something with more variety and with higher glucose levels in me. So far I haven't found any way to avoid this doldrums at the beginning of the shift, but I know it'll pass.

Keep that same perspective. It will pass. Actually if people didn't get "down" once in a while with what's going on in the world, that would be reason to wonder about someone's mental health, imo.

• derrickb007
    derrickb007

Hi Dantheman;

Just to let you know, I know exactly how you feel. I am still (but not for long) one of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is a frightening experience to have to leave, especially when you don't know where it is you have to go. I can be very depressing. My wife and daughter just left me 4 days ago over this, but I am resolved to do the right thing in Jehovah's eyes. What was my crime? I read my bible and prayed to Jehovah to help me understand what I was reading. Is it any supprise that after doing so for 8 months I see the need to seperate myself from that organization? Of course. But I will do what is right.

Remember that when Jesus came to earth the first time, he came not for the religious leaders of his day, but for the tax collectors, prostitutes, etc. When he comes the second time, he will come for those who are "Sighing and groaning over the detestible conditions". Keep your head up, it is people like you that Jesus is interested in, not those who proclaim themselves to be spiritual leaders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit