What did you REALLY think about the banned things

by SpannerintheWorks 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i had an england flag sticker on my car for the '98 world cup. i wore tops with the soviet flag and CCCP on. i had a skinhead. hardly ever wore a suit jacket. went to nightclubs. only ever answered once at the watchtower study. sometimes wore jeans. ate meals and talked about the WTS and bible with my DF'd sister. read so called apostate sites like this. missed the BS when i could. hardly ever turned up to any field service groups, but i always got my hours in. dated non JWs, cos most JW girls i met were ugly. in fact most JWs i saw were hit with the ugly stick.

• jurs
    jurs

I always thought the belief about the the star being from Satan when Jesus was born was strange and could never swallow it. I had trouble with women having to wear dresses and keeping track of the field service hours as well.

To pleasuredome, WELCOME!! Why do you suppose you weren't DF'd? It did seem like there was always the unfairness of how some could get away with just about anything and others were DF'd without mercy...................... Glad it worked out for you!

jurs

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

Hi Jurs!

well some of it i had to keep quiet, like dating worldly girls, eventhough i thought they were more consciencious than some of the JWs i knew of similar age. i think they new from the start i wasn't one to be messed with. it was astrugle for them to get me to wear a tie. when i applied to become an unbaptised publisher they said that there wasnt any rules, but i couldnt be a unbaptised publisher if i didnt wear a tie. at the time i was wearing a suit jacket, so the tie went on and the jacket came off. there was no way i'd let them win!

i guess they were quite liberal and didnt want confrontations, thankfully, but it aint over yet. i've stopped going to meetings but its just a matter of time untill i get a phone call etc, and then i'll get to see just how liberal they are.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

Hi Jurs!

well some of it i had to keep quiet, like dating worldly girls, eventhough i thought they were more consciencious than some of the JWs i knew of similar age. i think they new from the start i wasn't one to be messed with. it was astrugle for them to get me to wear a tie. when i applied to become an unbaptised publisher they said that there wasnt any rules, but i couldnt be a unbaptised publisher if i didnt wear a tie. at the time i was wearing a suit jacket, so the tie went on and the jacket came off. there was no way i'd let them win!

i guess they were quite liberal and didnt want confrontations, thankfully, but it aint over yet. i've stopped going to meetings but its just a matter of time untill i get a phone call etc, and then i'll get to see just how liberal they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit