Earthquake in Manchester !

by Simon 25 Replies latest jw friends

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Simon

I just heard about the earthquake in Manchester. It did ₤ 50 million pounds worth of improvements!

Pope

• mouthy
    mouthy

Simon & Ang- glad your O.K. It sure is scary I have been in a couple too- Do check your walls for cracks..... I got paid a couple of hundred after the one I was in ( Montreal) because of a crack it did to a wall in my house....

Hey what did I read here ??Gee is a form of GOD???/ So you mean to say I have been sinning all this time with gee.gee?( my e-mail) Dont tell me I wont get my name in the "book of life""'

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Beautiful Garbage:

I also experienced the 1987 Whittier earthquake

Me too! I was 15 blocks from the epicenter .... now that was severe...couldn't find the cat for 3 days (she hid in the kitchen cupboard).

Simon, hope you guys are alright (nerve wise) .... you might feel a few aftershocks for a few days, but remember they're usually a lot milder ... just ride them out.

• Simon
    Simon

We're ok ... it was just a rumble and nothing serious (no gaping chasms opened up!). I think the extent of the damage was that a chimney pot fell over somewhere and that was about it. Anything that survived the big bomb here a few years ago must be pretty solid eh? That was what caused several million pounds worth of improvements ...

The cat was acting strange though - she ran under te bed and wouldn't come down for hours. I read somewhere that Japan has a hotline where they ask pet owners to report strange activity and this is one of the ways they predict quake activity with any accuracy as they seem able to sense things that we can't.

Just email me with all the details chachasmum, preferably from the email address for your old name or if not, include your logon details so I know it's you.

• moneypenny
    moneypenny

Hi windchaser, I live in Chesterfield and we have wonderful views of that spire from here!!

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

Hi Simon

I don't know whether you received my e-mails with details about Cherylwheryl account. I had a bit of a problem with my e-mail so i do not know whether my e-mail got through. Could you post on this thread to let me know if you received it? Thanks

Chachasmum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit