Earthquake in Manchester !

by Simon 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

There was a quake here at 9:00 this morning and just now (12:30) the building I am in has been shaken ... the chair I am on was actually moved back and forth by it several times and you could feel yourself being swayed back and forth. I'm on the second floor of a 4 story building

Probably very mild compared to a proper (ie. destructive) quake but quite scary in a way - I think it was 5.0+ on the Richter (sp) scale.

If only it had happened when I was home with Angharad I could have asked her if the earth moved

• COMF
    COMF

Scared me, Simon! I posted a reply, but it went to a 404 screen when I submitted, and for a minute there the whole forum website was offline. I thought, "A second tremor must have hit..." Hope all's well there.

Angharad singing: "I feel the earth move under my feet, I feel the sky a-tumblin' down"

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

"If only it had happened when I was home with Angharad I could have asked her if the earth moved "

One of those things you have to wait a couple of life times to happen at EXACTLY that moment LOL!Isnt it odd to get earthquakes where you are?

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

SIMON any quake of size that takes one by surprise is very upsetting...QUEENIE lives in quake land -- California USA love and hugs QUEENIE

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Damnit, I prayed for Birmingham to get it! BIRMINGHAM!! D'ye hear Jehovah? BIRMINGHAM!!

Expatbrit

• Simon
    Simon

Dudley (in Birmingham) got one last week that was a 5.0'er

It is very unusual for us to get them.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

ENGLAND 5.5 QUAKE---YEP VERY UNUSUAL INDEED I would be expecting such in my neck of the woods Calif USA...QUEENIE

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Gosh, maybe prayers are answered!

Expatbrit

• Matty
    Matty

Gosh Simon! Didn't feel this one over here, but remember the Dudley one clearly. I thought Armageddon was starting and I was dooooomed!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Matty:

Stop saying "gosh", it's silly.

Expatbrit

Edited by - expatbrit on 21 October 2002 8:34:44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit