Did the Watchtower Society inspire you?

by kenpodragon 19 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Nope. Never. Not a once. It wasn't until AFTER I left that I got inspired to look deeper. It's hard to dig for the "deeper meaning" which I do remember them asking us to do when they tell you "but don't go too deep because your small little mind can't handle it. Here take this pamphlet and become aware of what you will believe now on the matter".

The org. motivated me through guilt and shame, not postive inspiration.

• TR
    TR

The WTS inspires people to mediocrity. Untapped talent that could be used for so much good and so much life! All stifled my religious mediocrity. Sad.

I just don't get it. The WTS could benefit in so many ways by lifting the weight of religious oppression off the backs of it's people. The WTS could gain monetarily, too. But it must be about exclusiveness to a religious doctrine held up to be from God, yet so many rules and regulations that aren't biblical.

Great post, Dragon.

TR

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    But it must be about exclusiveness to a religious doctrine held up to be from God

Didn't you know? It's MUCH more fun to be a martyr.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Replace inspire with stifle.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Nope... never inspired me... but I did manage to find an illustration of the GB receiving inspiration for their publications....

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Salvia Divinorum (commonly known as "Wow")

lol

I'm the one who first called weed "skunk" too. No really.

• Solace
    Solace

Laughing,

OMG Else, thats so gross!

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon
    I did manage to find an illustration of the GB receiving inspiration for their publications

EW

Maybe that is what inspired them to push people out that did not work to their advantage. It is certianly how they treat people who leave.

My thought

Dragon

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon
    I want to apologise if my first post offended you in any way

nilfun

I don't offend easy. Never have been that way. So don't worry, I was not offended at all.

Take Care

Dragon

• nilfun
    nilfun

*whew!*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit