Trump is a funny guy. Attacks John McCain

by James Mixon 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

James Mixon - "Trump is a funny guy."

Trump is "funny" the way the guys on Jersey Shore are "funny".

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Hey, go easy on the guy willya? He's at least got one thing going for him. He is what the Washington Post is calling "The Great Unifier".

Yup. He's the only guy who can unite the Democrats and Republicans. At last they got something they both agree on!!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I'm thinking Trump is a undercover Democrats. He have done more for the

Democrats than anyone in the past.

Remember Ross Perot the reform party candidate, don't hear much about

the Reform party today.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

"Republicans don't have anyone to match this woman and her experience in federal politics."

Finkelstein: She has 4 years in the Senate and 4 years as Secretary of State. What experience are you talking about? What did she accomplish in either of those roles?

As for Trump, he was stupid and wrong for saying what he said about Mccain. That said, he's bringing up some good points about the VA, immigration, and trade. Besides his bombastic nature, and the fact he's a narcissist, he's no more narcissistic than nearly anyone who runs for president.

You can make fun of his hair, and it does look stupid. You can disagree with his style, but besides the Mccain comment, he's not wrong.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Trump charged that the concept of climate change was created by the Chinese to

suppress the U.S. economy. In addition, trump has expressed firm opposition to

wind turbines which he sees as an environmental and aesthetic problem.

Immigration; No path to citizenship for undocumented workers, but allow more

European immigration and a legal status to those graduating from U.S. colleges.

He believes that half of the undocumented residents in America are criminals.

Marriage is beween a man and a woman and should be defined state by state.

Who's left to vote for this man.....

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

James Mixon:

"Trump charged that the concept of climate change was created by the Chinese to suppress the U.S. economy."

Typical Republican psychosis.

• nimrath
    nimrath

As a licensed Merchant Marine Officer I can tell you that I agree with Trump 100%.

McCain is the Senator of a landlocked state who spends a large portion of his time trying to eliminate the Jones Act on behalf of big, foreign, business under the guise of helping out Hawaii and Alaska.

Hawaii and Alaska have their own representatives, they don't need him butting his nose into their affairs and his professed concern for the citizens of those states is disingenuous.

He's a shill for foreign shipping, to the detriment of the U.S. Merchant Marine and U.S. jobs.

pros·ti·tute
    ˈprästəˌt(y)o͞ot/
    noun
    noun: prostitute; plural noun: prostitutes
    a person, typically a woman, who engages in sexual activity for payment.
    synonyms:

call girl, whore;

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

He's a shill for foreign shipping, to the detriment of the U.S. Merchant Marine and U.S. jobs.

pros·ti·tuteˈprästəˌt(y)o͞ot/nounnoun: prostitute; plural noun: prostitutes

That word, Nimrath, would apply to all of them.

• nimrath
    nimrath

So true.

However, as the grandson of one of Doolittle's Tokyo Raiders, I am pretty unimpressed with McCain.

My grandfather didn't expect to make it back and I don't hold those that were unexpectedly shot down to the same standard.

He (my grandfather) was truly part of the Greatest Generation and the rest of us are not cut from the same cloth.

My dad was a Merchant Marine through WWII and was on several vessels that were torpedoed. Let's not forget the contributions of the U.S. Merchant Marine.

McCain has forgotten his roots and he has milked his POW status long enough.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Nimrath your Grandfather being a contributor to the Doolittle raid sound like he would have been a great guy to talk to about the war. Your Father's contributions as a merchant marine should not be overlooked either. The merchant navy here in Canada too kept Great Britain fed and supplied and many ships that were sent out ended up at the bottom of the North Atlantic. They were sitting ducks.

I grew up around many of that Greatest Generation and they were cut from a different cloth indeed. While some glory grabbers like John McCain are out there there most of that Greatest Generation that I knew personally had to be cajoled into telling some of their stories.

My hat is off to them and that includes the Merchant Navy as well as the aging Vietnam Vets many of whom weren't treated right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit