Tim Horton's sucks. I thought it was supposed to be good?

by SnakesInTheTower 16 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

So my wife and I went to TH yesterday. The chain started opening stores in the St. Louis, MO area about a month ago. By now the bugs should be worked out. Not so much.

My wife ordered a cherry pastry and an iced coffee. Do you know what it looked like? A convention pastry had been run over flat, removed from the package, and put in the case. Then the cherries removed. The "cherry" part looked as if had been scraped from the bottom of the can. My wife ate one bite and was done.

Her coffee... the girl at the counter filled the cup to the top, THEN poured off 2 ounces. WHY? My wife asked for cinnamon, and they were going to put cinnamon SUGAR in it. Ugh. My wife wanted to put her own stuff in the coffee, but they did not have it out.

My black coffee was ok, the chocolate cake donut was small but tolerable. Sadly, for a place supposed to be known for baked goods, the missed the mark.

Is this place hetter in Canada? I just do not get the Tim Horton mystique.

Snakes

• prologos
    prologos
    How can you expect gourmet treatment from a Hockey player?
  • hoser
    hoser

Were you out in field service on coffee break? lol

yea Tim's sucks but they have figured out a way to maintain a cult following.

A guy I work with says they put crack in their coffee to get people addicted.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I would imagine a USA Tim Hortons,would be a lot different than a Canadian Tim Hortons..

• onceuponatime
    onceuponatime

Stay away from fancy at tims when you order your coffee say I'd like a double double (that's two creams two sugars) IF you deviate from the double double then you ask for the number of cream and sugar you want. 1 cream 1 sugar will be the same in a small cup or a large the machine dispenses it accordingly.

i wouldn't say that Tims is known for its quality baked goods they are known more for convience and being cheap. However they do have a few hits along with the misses. The cake doughnuts tend to be better and the cookies are good. And honestly a box of Tim bits never goes uneaten.

also roll up the rim - is a lotto all jw play - nothing like a little service break lotto. Seriously the car groups have to decide if i pay for your coffee who gets your roll up the rim prize. the roll up the rim contest makes some interesting service breaks.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I admit its a bit over rated, I live in Canada by the way.

Its just a low priced donut shop in reality, the reason why its popular most likely.

Like every other fast food outlet.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    I like their Grilled Breakfast Bacon Wraps. Yum!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I like their ham and swiss sandwiches.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    In Canada Tim Horton coffee is a favourite. But I have tried it in the US and it doesn't seem to be the same. I don't know if they changed anything for the US field.
  • Clambake
    Clambake
    I don't get the whole cult like following of tim Hortons in Canada. I think McDonald's makes better coffee. Outside of the iced cap it is all pretty average to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit