Child Abuse - "I don't care. I haven't got any children".

by cofty 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow.

I do believe it is what punk says, more of a defensive reaction. That being said, it is reflective of the mindset of the corporation that is revealed when you read court documents. It doesn't matter how many cute videos they put out, or how many times the creepy GB says "WE LOOOOVE children," they couldn't care less about them.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Child abuse, along with any other human transgressions happen in any one group of people. Look/ask/investigate around. Sounds callous, I know, but it is the truth. No organization can control that.

They just need to change the authorities notification policy. The two witness policy is no longer, so there is some improvement in the case of accusations of physical/sexual abuse.

Also parents need to take better care of their young. Yes, parents.

SL

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

They think if they stick their hear further in the sand it will go away.

wrong location i think---up their arses more likely

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

This reminds me of a conversation I was having with a dubbie in the San Deigo area a few days after the Jose Lopez case had broken. Of course he was blissfully unaware of it and said (I quote word for word) "he had better things to worry about".

• cofty
    cofty

I suspect he probably regretted it. Be assured I will be reminding him of it every time I see him on the cult cart.

I was in the supermarket this evening and 2 JW women were coming down the aisle towards me. I greeted them loudly which was met with a cold shoulder and disapproving looks. So as I was almost level with them I said "did you hear that great program on Radio 4 last night?"

If looks could kill.

• cofty
    cofty
    The two witness policy is no longer, so there is some improvement in the case of accusations of physical/sexual abuse - Sofia Lose

You are factually incorrect. Please provide a specific reference.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Good for you cofty! I love it!!!
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    SophiaRose: Also parents need to take better care of their young. Yes, parents.

...ummmm...I hate to break this to you, SophiaRose, but many children are sexually abused by their own parents.

Sexual abuse quite often is found within the family itself. Saying that the parents need to take better care is true - the parents have to stop abusing their own children. Pretending that it is the "big bad" monster that is outside of the family circle that is the one to watch out for ignores familial abuse cycles.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

This comment doesn't surprise me as JWs don't feel any kind of moral or ethical obligation to help mankind in general- not just kids.

JWs don't discriminate against kids they don't help anyone.

What do they provide for the community? Well lets examine what they do actually do for mankind.

Soup kitchens... ah no,

women'shelters? No, meetings might count , but to hell with them for the rest of the week.

blankets for the homeless maybe? No, couldn't even use the shit magazines as a blanket.

rehab centres for drug addicts ? No, haha not likely.

clean water for kids in africa ? No, let em read the bible when they get hungry or thirsty so sayeth the WT.

Protecting children from pedophiles? Hahaha ....oh that's a good one.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    BTW, cofty, did you post the earlier conversation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit