oh, whatever......

by deddaisy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

deddaisy, amen, amen, amen. To many CONTROL FREAKS!

Guest 77

• onacruse
    onacruse

Daisy: "A board always disagrees, like a barful of patrons, but lately it seems like it's more deconstructive than anything else."

I disagree...this forum is WAY more helpful and healing than deconstructive. That a few posters, on a few threads, seem to get so much attention is not the measure of value.

Since I've joined this board, almost 1,500 people have also registered, and there have been something like 50,000 new posts made here. Keeping up with them all is a bit of a challenge (LOL, like I even could), to be sure, but there is SO MUCH GOOD, UPBUILDING, PRODUCTIVE, HELPFUL commentary here.

otoh, I've learned to use the "ignore" feature more often...amazing how easy it is to blank out the extremely small percentage of nastiness.

Craig

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

first of all, the first time that I don't read my post and edit, and I catch a blunder. I was really tired when I posted, I am not 28, my buddie that died was 28 and left two children. I just noticed that and don't want to edit the initial post now. not that it really matters, but I was attempting to stress the fragility of life....

I posted something similar once if not those very words...

Beck, it most likely was those very words, I've seen it quoted many times but don't know who originally said it. I have jotted down some really good sayings from different posts, I may have even read it in your post. "Great minds think alike," right!

IF we all only had the courage of our convictions...

ft, if we all did, well it'd probaly be safe to say that a majority of us would not even be on the internet. We'd be dancers and doctors, great poets and teachers. But life happens somewhere along the line. but then again, I suppose the majority here are persons that have the courage to live by their convictions. If not, it would have been much easier to remain convicted to "untruth," and they wouldn't be on this forum at all.

ugg and Guest, it's most likely not that any of us are "pissy" all of the time. It's only normal though that at one time or another, with all the different personalities and issues, that each of us get pissy at one time or another. In person though, we may be more prone to behave because we have to actually deal with the person that we disagree with. But online we can trash them, turn off the computer, and not have any consequences to deal with. It's at times wonderful.... I wish I could carry on disagreements with my husband and clients via the forum. God, I'd hold the title for "most locked threads."

I disagree...this forum is WAY more helpful and healing than deconstructive. That a few posters, on a few threads, seem to get so much attention is not the measure of value.

Craig, you're absolutely right. With the amount of posters here, I'm actually surprised that there isn't more fighting. The forum itself is more healing than deconstructive. I just thought that the disagreements themselves seemed they were becoming more like personal attacks than constructive disagreements. I don't know, maybe it's just that I got melancholy for a moment. I will admit that I am, as shallow as it is, intriqued by disagreements, and am right in the middle of them myself alot of the time. But lately, the disagreements seem like posters are just attacking posters, not issues. And I know that even when I'm not directing a sarcasm directly at a poster, but at an issue, it ends up looking like an attack just the same. at times it may even appear by my comments that I hate Witnesses, which of course I don't. I do take issue with the WTS and the governing body though. And I don't give a damn how old they are, that only means they've had even longer than most to try and right things.

maybe it's just me. but then again, maybe there's been a full moon for the last month or so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit