oh, whatever......

by deddaisy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Not too many notice our coming and going, and I guess that's one of the advantages of an online forum. But more and more lately, I don't know if it's me, or the forum, but I've noticed more and more hate. We've always disagreed, so I don't know if lately we just bring more bullshit to the board or what, but there's this splitting of sides. A board always disagrees, like a barful of patrons, but lately it seems like it's more deconstructive than anything else. All of us probaly enjoy reading the flame threads, but also those, as of lately, have gotten mean-spirited, where it's just depressing to even comment.

I'll get to my point and shut up. Life is so short. I'm 28 and I buried a friend with cancer last week. He left behind two kids. It happened so quickly that noone knew how serious it was and the next thing , he was dead. It's still a shock. So. I, for one, am tired of bickering. I didn't say of debating, I'm just tired of being filled with hate for imaginary enemies on an internet board. I've got a kid, like a lot of you do. I finally came to the realization that my child, and the time I spend with this child is precious. And the time I spend with you is precious. So, I'll disagree, like I always do, but if I begin to be hateful, please feel free to kick me in the ass to remind me that both of our times on this earth is for such a limited time, we don't want to waste it being stupid. If I've offended any of you in the past, I truly didn't mean too. I find it a honour to be able to communicate with you in this lifetime. We'll all be dead and gone soon enough.

"It is not what happens to us that makes a difference, it is how we react to what happens to us that makes a difference."

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Nice Post daisy.

So true.

DITTOS

• Jesika
    Jesika

I do agree, thank you for you words of wisdom.

Jesika

*doesn't think she is wise cause she agrees class*

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

(((((daisy))))) I am sad to hear about the loss of your friend.

This forum is about people. All kinds. I have grown so much since I began posting. I've learned how to not get so upset at the hate/dickheads and to accept the love. And, I've never laughed so often in my life. Life is short, like you said, and I've learned that how I deal with it is all that really matters.

Love,

Dottie

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

oh well you're just a sweetie anyway plum, at least that's what I hear from the southern Californians

edited to add: what in the h**l is everybody doing up so late, or early!?

Jesika and Dottie, thank-you! I hope one day I'll have the honour of meeting you in person!

always,

dd

Edited by - deddaisy on 20 October 2002 7:33:4

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Welcome back Daisy

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

DM,

Thank you! I wasn't too far gone though, found this big old hole out in the forest......place to get my head straight....

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I'm glad there are people like you who post here dedaisy...

"It is not what happens to us that makes a difference, it is how we react to what happens to us that makes a difference."

Absolutely!! I couldn't agree more and I think I posted something similar once if not those very words LOL.

I'm sorry about your friend....life is so very precious...and when life itself is threatened....all other issues pale in comparison. Life is too short to be getting into snits day in and day out....its not until all your good living days are almost done that you may wish you had a chance to do it all again differently. Great post dedaisy!!

~Beck~

• Francois
    Francois

IF we all only had the courage of our convictions.

ft

• ugg
    ugg

hi,,,,it is nice to meet you,,,,yes,,,there has been ALOT of nasty fighting lately....makes me want to hide.....enjoyed your thread,,,,it was very appropriate and "nice".....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit