Be careful you don't catch it

by kenpodragon 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Lol, Dragon.Poor guy.There was a sixty year old sister in my former cong. that looked seven months pregnant. Skinny little arms and legs and a watermelon for a belly(but she was very sweet, mind you--I mean no offense with the description).

Good policy, Freedom. I was preggos five times, and let me tell ya, after the first, ignorance on the part of others was bliss.People who come across a pregnant woman often forget that there is a woman attached to the abdomen. I swear, they start talking to you like you are five or something, as if being gravid dissolves all of your brain cells and renders you incapable of an intelligent conversation.Sure, those hormones kick in sometimes, but for the most part,not much changes in the gray matter.Luckily, I could hide it pretty well until I was about seven months along.

I absolutely hated having my stomach touched and being asked "Oh when are you due?"My pat response was "Never. It's never coming out."

So your policy not only prevents foot-in-mouth disease, it also helps out women who are so tired of not being able to see their feet, they would rather talk about any other subject under the sun.Believe me, most women who want to discuss their impending joy will bring the subject up themselves

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

My wife is 8 months pregnant right now (trust me you can tell ). In all though she concurs with many of your thoughts, in the comments that are made over and over again. Plus, her mother always wants to touch her belly and kiss it. She gets so irritated at it, and thinks it is weird. Personally, I do too.

Take Care

Dragon

• wednesday
    wednesday

I guess it is a little weird, but she's going to be a grandmother and i can tell u that is a joyous experience. recently i became a first time grandmother, and i never thought i could be so happy.My heart jumps when they say "grandma, Pa pa".

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I think it might be because her Mom is a JW?...I know I kissed ALL my grandkids before they were born!

Sucked on their toes too!..(Ater they were born) What a wierdo I am

Me again!

Snoozy....

Edited by - Golden Girl on 20 October 2002 11:58:33

• Francois
    Francois

Snoozy and all:

I could use some help in the grandparent department as a matter of fact. My daughter Rachel, the light of my life, is due in February. It is going to be a boy.

As with having children in the first place, they don't come with any manual, which I think is a terrible oversight.

Is there a list anywhere of DOs and DON'Ts associated with being a grandparent? I feel sure there's a caveat in there somewhere. Isn't there?

Many Thanks,
    francois

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

When I was 6 months pregnant with our youngest, Chance, I had an ultra sound and it showed his sucking his finger.

It was a month later he was born two months early. I couldnt even hold him. I couldnt even give him nourishment. They had to fed him a special concoction thru a catheter in his belly button. This went on until about 8 days before they let me take him home. He had to learn how to suck a bottle and was still just after 2 months only 4 lbs. I had to wake him every 2 to 3 hrs just to make sure he would eat and gain weight.

He started sucking the third and fourth finger , together, on his right hand, and didnt stop until he was 4. We didn't try to stop him until he was about 3, he had at that age, just finished up with all the surgeries and was on his way to good health. It took patience and we told him that big boys don't suck their thumbs and he started to only suck his fingers when he was going to sleep. Eventually he did stop on his own .

I have heard of adults who still suck their thumbs and keep it secret.. LOL, my sister was a fanatic thumb sucker and I have a feeling she still might LOL.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Hey...nobody helped me!..You are on your own

I was and am ....way too tolerant with our grandkids. I drive my kids nuts because I was not that tolerant when they were growing up!

I'm always getting"You never let us do that"..He He!

The fact that your daughter is the "Light of your life" shows you will be an excellent "Grandpa!" You have a lot of love in your heart. That is most important!...Congratulations Grandpa!.

Snoozy...

ps...My first Grandchild was a 40th birthday present! Born on my 40th birthday. She is 20 this year!

Edited by - Golden Girl on 21 October 2002 2:18:3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit